Fifteen

I sat on the floor in my bedroom with the phone pressed against my ear. "So she was just all boo-hoo to you guys and you feel all guilty?" He repeated flatly. "Yeah," I replied. "So why did you call me? Are you gonna chew me out for making you orgasm?" Hoseok chuckled, "what a situation." I sighed, "no. I know what I did and I know I wasn't messed up. I just...I don't know if I should tell her. Don't you feel bad at all?" I asked him. "I would but I liked her for a while and I don't like her anymore. Not like before. I told you I wasn't trying to hide that I cheated either," he sounded nonchalant. "What did you say when she saw?" I questioned out of pure curiosity. "Well...if you want to whole conversation, I said yeah when she asked if I cheated. She asked if I had sex and I said yeah. I said sorry and whatnot. She got mad and asked why. I shrugged and said I don't know. She asked who and then said nevermind and left," he ran through it. "Would you have told her it was me?" I wondered out loud. He let out a breath before saying, "hm...I don't know. Probably not." I groaned. I wasn't getting any closer to figuring out if I should tell her. Obviously I should, by moral standards. "Can you just help me decide?" I groaned again. "Why? Do it or not. I don't care. Maybe if she drops us both we can date," he joked. "No. Never. Impossible. Don't even say that. I just...I don't want to lose her," I told him. Hoseok sighed and said, "honestly, if I was a girl and I was in your shoes, I wouldn't tell her. If I didn't want to lose her then I would keep my mouth shut, tell a different friend and then tell her once the two broke up. If I couldn't handle the guilt then I would tell her and take the L." I stayed quiet for a couple minutes and said, "thanks," before hanging up. I knew what I would do.

Ji-ah and Ohjin had been furious when Lu forgave Hoseok. I was upset too. She promised that any other mistake and he would be done for good. We decided to hold her to it. After that we made Lu promise to tell us about any issues she had with him, if he tried to do something weird, and we made her promise to ask us if he could hang out with us, in which she made us promise to say yes at least once a month. It seemed like we made a contract.

For the next week, I studied hard and didn't hang out much. I ended up passing all my finals. Ohjin called me to play card games with some of his friends and that girl from his painting class whom he had gotten closer with. We had some beer and played for a couple hours. When people started leaving, Ohjin stopped me and said, "I know you don't wanna but you should come to the party." I looked at him with a confused expression, "what party? Why is there always a party?" He sighed and said, "cause it's college and it's thrown by Lu's boyfriend again," he saw my disinterest and quickly emphasized, "but! But! It's for the end of the year. Seniors will party to celebrate the end and freshman will go to celebrate their first year. It will be nice and you should celebrate," he explained. I didn't want to go but I also wanted to celebrate with my friends. "I'll think about it."