Eight

Ugh! I was f*cking fired up for no reason! I just wanted to argue and get the last word. I drove home and tried to calm down by listening to music. I ended up falling asleep angry. Over the weekend I just went to work and then went home. I didn't really hang out with anyone. Monday was class and home. I hung out with Ohjin for a little bit. On Tuesday I got noodles with Lu.

"Hoseok is so sweet, Chae. You would not believe him. He promised to stop smoking around me so much and he bought me a necklace," Lu smiled widely. "Isn't it sweet?" I nodded without a smile. "What did you think of him?" She questioned. I put my chopsticks down and looked at her in the eyes. "Honestly?" Lu nodded. "He gives me bad vibes. I kind of was going to give him a chance but I really don't like him," I told her flatly. She frowned and defended him, "he's a good guy once you get to know him." I sighed, "you haven't dated that long. You can do better, Lu. I heard about him hitting you and," I stopped. She asked what. "Nothing." "He wasn't himself," she defended again. "That's a red flag, Lu," I pleaded. She sighed. "If he does it again, that's a red flag," she replied and dropped the conversation. Poor Lu was screwed.

Ji-ah brought coffee to the library for me since I was studying for a test I had the next day. "Halfway through the week," she motivated me. "I know, I'm just ready for Saturday," I sighed. "You're going?" I looked at her, puzzled, "going?" She frowned. "I guess not. There's another party." I shook my head, "no way. Not another one." She nodded, "I know. It could help you relax though. Maybe no...drugs this time," she suggested. "Yeah. Never. I'm not going," I looked back down at my book. I felt like I was done with parties for forever...or for a while at least.

Everything felt so slow lately. The week was slow and classes were long. I felt so tired and exhausted by the end of the week. I slept for most of the day on Friday, besides class. I wanted Saturday to be a day for me to just relax and do nothing. I was going to spend Sunday catching up on all my work. Sometimes a day doing nothing is needed. All day Saturday I watched TV and I relaxed in my pajamas at home with my mom. When it started getting to dinner time, my mom ordered pizza. I grabbed my phone and saw a couple texts.

Ohjin:
You should live a little lol jk have fun relaxing today :)

Well, at least someone wanted me to relax. I continued being lazy and eating pizza but for some odd reason, my mind could not stay away from that party. I got up and put on some clothes, nothing fancy, and I told my mom I would be home Sunday. When I got to the party, the music was still loud despite the time and it was very much alive. I texted Ji-ah.

Me:
Meet me in the kitchen in two ;)

I was gonna drink only a couple drinks and then I was going to just hang out with the people I knew. I waited but Ji-ah never showed up. I groaned and drank some whatever I poured. "Look who isn't good enough now," I heard him behind me. He was far, far too close for comfort. His chest was touching my back and he whispered in my ear. "The h*ll? Go away," I pushed him back. "You're the one who texted me," he stated. "What? No, I didn't. I don't wanna see you ever again," I spat. He showed me on his phone. Instead of texting Ji-ah, I had sent it to him. "D*mn it...I should delete your number," I said and got my phone to text Ji-ah. Hoseok took my phone out of my hands and tapped a few things on it as I tried to fight for it back. Then he handed it back. When I tried unlocking it, it said pass code wrong. "The f*ck?!" I yelled. "I locked it with a new code." "Why!?" He smiled, "come with me and I'll give it to you."