Darkness

Song: Something Just Like This (Nightcore)

I woke up in the middle of the night, sweating. (I accidentally typed swearing lol). I had another nightmare. Looking around the room, I realized Jack still wasn't back. I glanced at the clock and it read '11:57 pm'.

Wow, it's almost 12:00 pm and Jack still isn't here. I hope he's ok. It's been 2 hours!

I quietly tiptoed outside the room, and checked in each room. No one was back yet. I wonder what those ingredients were.....

I gulped down a glass of cold water, and wiped away my sweat.

But then I felt another painful pang, this time it was in my head though.

"Shoot...." I whisper-shouted, and put my hand on my head while floating to my room and drinking another sip of that....um, melted flower.

It helped a bit, although I still felt like my head was ringing.

I grabbed a cloth and put some cold water on it, and then laid down on my bed with it over my head.

Sleep was attacking me again, but I resisted it. I couldn't experience another nightmare. Suddenly, there was a tingly feeling on my hands, like what you feel when something's crawling on you, and I looked at them to see my veins.

Except this time they were black.

I decided to take another sip of the melted flower, and it slowed down the growing of those black veins.

After the sleep became too much to handle, I closed my eyes and almost fell asleep, but I heard the sound of a window creaking open.

I looked at the direction of the window, and saw Jack flying in and closing the window behind him.

"Hey Jack."

He jumped, but then turned towards me.

"You almost gave me a heart attack, Y/N." Jack sighed. "Wait, why are you still awake?"

"Nightmare." I replied. "Why'd you take so long?" I asked him, changing the subject.

"You wouldn't believe how hard it was to get these." He gestured at the two bottles he was holding.

"Trust me, I'd believe it." I said, and chuckled.

He put the bottles on his bedside table, and looked at me.

"Did you have another headache?" Jack asked me once he noticed the cloth on my head.

"Maybe...." I replied.

Jack slipped in next to me. "Well, I bet I could cool you down faster then that cloth could."

I blushed but snuggled into him, and he hugged me.

"You know I love you, right?" I randomly whispered.

"Yup. And I love you more." Jack replied, and kissed my scalp.

"Goodnight Mr. Snowman."

"Goodnight Mrs. Snowman."

Wait, WHATTTTTTT?!?!

Waking up, I noticed Jack wasn't beside me. But I could smell something burning....

I immediately jumped up from the bed, and was about to run out, but then I remembered the black veins on my skin.

I changed into (f/c) hoodie and put on some pants and ran outside.

I saw everyone gathered around North, who was stirring up some strange stuff into a cauldron. Although that cauldron was Christmas themed, what else would you expect from North? :p.

'They must be mixing up the ingredients which they got yesterday.' I thought to myself, and walked up to them.

"Hey guys. What are you doing?" I asked and stood beside North.

"Oh, Y/N! We're mixing up the ingredients for cure." North answered, and I looked into the cauldron.

There was a mix of colors, so right now it looked like the Northern Lights were stored in there.

"Cool. I'll eat something and be right back." I said and walked to the kitchen. I made a jam sandwich, and ate it.

Once I got back to them, they were already done stirring it, and Bunny was pouring it into a glass bottle.

I suddenly felt a tingly feeling again, like the one I felt last night, but this time it was on my legs, and spreading fast all over me.

"Ok, Y/N, we're almost done." Tooth said and smiled at me. "Your gonna be alright."

"Um, yeah. I need to go to the bathroom." I said and ran towards the bathroom. That tingly feeling wouldn't even let me stand, and it was quickly turning into pain.

As soon as I made it to the bathroom, I closed the door and fell down.

My entire body felt like it just got hit really hard, and I screamed out in pain.

I heard the sound of footsteps approaching me, and I tried to quiet down.

"Y/N? Are you ok in there?!" came a voice from the other side of the door which I recognized to be Kendall.

"Get....the....cure...." I stuttered out, and Kendall ran outside.

I screamed out in pain, but then I suddenly felt powerful. Like all the pain was replaced with power. Evil. Hate. Darkness.

My screams soon became laughs, like those of a crazy person.

My white hair turned into black at the top, and slowly became dark blue and the tips were red.

My hoodie turned black, and my pants were black too.

My once (e/c) eyes were now an eerie amber.

And I felt better then ever.

❄️ Jack's POV ❄️

After Kendall told us what happened, I flew as fast I could to the bathroom and broke down the door.

I gasped at what I saw, and called all the other Guardians.

Everyone's eyes widened, and some of them gasped.

There was a big hole in the top of the bathroom. And it looked pretty new if you ask me.

"Um, guys? Y/N ain't here...." Bunny said, and that realization just hit me.

Y/N.....

"The darkness..... it must have overtaken her..." Tooth whispered.

"Well, let's go get her and give her the damn cure!" I said, already fuming, and everyone just nodded.

Bunny made his rabbit hole and jumped into it before North could say anything about the sleigh though.

North, Kendall and Sandy went in the sleigh even though they could fly, while me and Tooth just flew to Pitch's lair.

"I'm gonna kill Lucretia..." I said to myself and zoomed ahead.

Hold on Y/N, we're on our way.