Oneshot #15 partners in crime part 2

Gerard and I cracked open a beer and leaned against the cold concrete wall of the dark basement In the small abandoned house we found.
"So, we'll be staying here for a while." Gerard concluded explaining the situation to Frank and Ray.
"Alright. Have you guys been, you know, spotted?" Frank asked.
"Yeah. We're gonna pick up so hair dye and fix ourselves up." I put my can down.
"Ah! Hair dye! Smart move." Ray commented.
"Alright. We're gonna go pick up dye. See you guys in a few days." Gerard hung up. He laughed and smiled at me. "I knew you wouldn't let the hair dye go!" He punched my arm lightly and hugged me.
"Of course! Let's go!" I grabbed his hand and pulled him up to me.
"Woah woah, slow down, how are we gonna get there?" He asked.
"We're gonna walk?" I giggled and ran upstairs. "Let's go!" I pulled him out the front door.

Once we got to the drug store, gee lead me right to where he knew that the dye would be.
"What colour do you think?" Gerard asked, his eyes scanning through the rows of dye on each shelf.
"You know what would be super hot?" I grabbed his hand.
"What?" He smirked, grabbing my other hand.
"Red." I pulled a box off the shelf and held it up to his hair.
"Oh my god yes. Oh, your the best" he hugged me and kissed the side of my head.
"I know" I smiled.
"I get to pick you one now." He whispered and spun me around to face the dyes again.
"Oh shit, I didn't think of that." I muttered. He laughed diabolically and weaved his fingers in mine.
"Close your eyes." He whispered.
"That wasn't part of the deal!" I shut my eyes.
"You'll love it, I promise." I heard him grab a box and put it in his jacket.

We bought cigarettes and lighters as a distraction to the dye we stole, and ran out the doors.

Soon, Gerard was sitting over the sink, me shampooing his hair.
"Your hair is so nice when it's clean." I put plastic gloves on and pulled the dye out of the box.
"Thank you." He smiled as I started massaging the dye into his hair.

20 minutes later, Gerard ruffled out his now bright red hair and smiled widely.
"Do you like it?" I asked, biting my lip.
"It's fucking perfect." He kissed me. Gerard pulled away abruptly and set me down onto the chair her was sitting in while I did his hair. "Let's do this" he cracked his fingers and started to wash my hair.

Once he was finished, Gerard squealed and clasped his hands over my eyes.
"You ready?" I felt him smiling.
"Yes!" I grinned and felt his hands pull from my eyes. I opened them slowly to reveal my freshly dyed hair. It was dark blue, and extremely flattering. I felt my eyes light up.
"Do you like it?" He asked, fear suddenly spreading over his face darkly.
"Gee, I love it!" Smiled happily, spinning around and hugging him. "Your so amazing! Oh, I love you." I stroked the nape of his neck.
"I love you too" he kissed my hair.
"You do?" I locked eyes with him.
"Of course. Your such a good partner and I'm so happy to have you with me." He rubbed my arms and smiled.
"Ya know, I'm kinda happy that we were almost arrested." I exclaimed.
"Yeah?" He questioned.
"Well I mean, we wouldn't have found this house and we wouldn't have hair dye and we wouldn't be hugging right now." I brushed his red hair away from his eyes.
"Really?" He asked. "After I was such a dick to you?"
"Yeah. I kinda secretly always had a thing for you" I averted my eyes to the tiled ground of the bathroom.
"Yeah, me too." He giggled. I smiled and kissed him again.
"I don't know if this means anything to you, but your my favourite criminal." I kissed his nose.
"Your my favourite criminal too, love." He giggled and hugged me.