Oneshot #31 ~gee x teen!reader~

I walked into the house, dropping my school bag on the floor.
"Y/n!" My dad yelled from the other room. I rolled my eyes and sat on the floor.
"What," I moaned.
"Where the hell were you? I can home to Chelsea crying! You were supposed to take care of her!" He ran up to me angrily.
"Oops?" I pressed my palm to my forehead.
"Oops? Your so irresponsible! Imagine what could have happened if I wasn't home early!" He gritted his teeth.
"I told you I had band practice" I replied.
"Chelsea could have died! What's more important, your sister, or your guitar?" He yelled.
"Number one, she's not even my sister. You adopted her with Lindsey because I wasn't good enough for you and two, I've been working on this show since grade 9! You should know how important this is to me!" I yelled back.
"Don't raise your voice at me!" He screamed. That is, until he heard Chelsea crying in her room. He ran to her aid, leaving me in the kitchen alone. I sighed and opened the fridge. He had made Chelsea Mac and cheese again, even though she had it yesterday. Gerard used to cook with me all the time, we would create new things, often ending badly, but that didn't matter. But that was before Chelsea. Now everything was about her. He couldn't even make it to my concert because he had to pick her up from Lindsey's house. I gave up and made myself a slice of toast.

When Gerard came back in, I was sitting on the couch in the living room eating.
"Y/n." He cought my attention.
"What?" I said, harsher than the first time, gritting my teeth.
"I want to talk to you." He sat down beside me on the couch. I moved to the other side of the couch.
"What's wrong?" He asked, staring me down. 
"Nothing." I mumbled and got up, putting my plate on the table. 

I walked upstairs into my room and got into bed. I curdled over and let a few tears slip from my eyes. I heard a light knock on my door. I grunted and rolled over, not wanting to see his face.
"Y/n? Hun? Can I speak with you?" He asked.
"If it's anymore ways I could have killed Chelsea, I don't want to hear it." I said I to my pillow.
"No, I... I'm sorry." He was starting to tear up. I could hear it in the way he spoke.
"For what?" I asked, trying to get him to spill.
"You don't think your good enough for me?" He asked, sitting down on my bed.
"Why else would you adopt another daughter?" I turned around, finally getting the guts to face him.
"Because Lindsey and I wanted a kid and I would rather adopt, why would you think that?" He asked, rubbing my cheek.
"You haven't lifted a finger in attempt to spend anytime with me since she's been here. All I am to you anymore is a babysitter. You won't even try to come to my concert that I've been working on since last year because 'you have to drop Chelsea off'." I wanted to push him out of the room and never talk to him again, but at the same time, I wanted to hug him until we both ran out of air. I just wanted to cry to somebody.
"Of course I have!" He got defensive.
"When's the last time you and I have spent time together alone or gone out?" I asked.
"I..." he couldn't remember. Just as I suspected.
"It was when we saw batman verses superman in theatres. Right after you and Lindsey split because you didn't want to be drinking In front of Chelsea when Lindsey dropped her off later. That was a year ago." I crossed my arms.
"Baby, I'm so sorry" he tried to apologize.
"Dad, no. Just let me sleep." I rolled over.
"Look...how would you like it if tomorrow it could just be us, like it used to. Would you like that?" He asked.
"I dunno. You've changed, dad. But I'll try." I gave in.
"I'll call Lindsey to pick Chelsea up tomorrow morning. Is that alright with you?" He asked, rubbing my arm.
"Don't you get it! I don't want all the attention, I just want somebody to be there for me." I started to cry again.
"Baby," he muttered and pulled me to his chest. Once I was done crying, he just sat there with me and stroked my hair. "If you ever feel like this again, even if your grown up and married to some punk rock bastard and all you wanna do is run away to Mexico, I need you to talk to me, okay baby?" He kissed my forehead. I giggled and hugged him harder.
"Of course, dad." I hugged him tighter.
"Also, we're gonna make time for you. I'm making time for you. I promise."

A/n

I'm sorry this wasn't published yesterday! I was super sick and all I could do was watch RuPaul's drag race. Anyways, enjoy!