Oneshot #47

I worked the graveyard shift at Starbucks. My friend and I decided to apply together so we would work at the same time, but our boss thought otherwise. She got the normal, after lunch shift. But me? No, I got graveyard. I hated working at Starbucks. All the complicated orders and white bitches who thought they owned the world. Usually on my shift though, there was just families trying to cross the boarder at 3 am and the occasional group of stupid teenagers. Everybody was the same, except for this one man. He told me his name was Gerard Way, and we often talked until my next customer came in. He would disappear once I was finished with them, almost as if he was a ghost.

We'd known each other for about a year now and my night shift was the only time I would see him anywhere. We never talked about work, only music. Sometimes, he would bring his laptop to show me some new stuff. Seeing Gerard was the only part of the night I enjoyed.

I leaned up against the counter top, drinking another coffee. My boss, since he put me on graveyard, gave me the privilege of free coffee all night long. A small family walked in and I tried to look peppy.
"Hello! What would you guys all like?" I smiled, falsely.
"Two tall blondes and a bottle of water please." The mother smiled. I nodded and made them their coffee.
"That would be 8 dollars please." I told her. She nodded and handed me a ten. I gave her change, and the family was out. I sighed and repositioned myself on the counter top. I waited another five minutes in silence before a familiar face trotted in.
"Hey Y/n!" Gerard smiled and me happily.
"Thank god! I was getting so fucking bored, Gee." I put my coffee down beside the register.
"I'm sorry, I had some things to Handle at work." He moaned.
"Where do you work?" I questioned.
"A comic book store downtown. I have the closing shift." He smiled. I nodded and watched as he took a long sip from my cup beside the cash. "This is good! What is it?" He asked.
"Caramel shot and a peppermint shot topped with whipped cream." I smirked across the counter.
"You are taking the free coffee thing to far, Hun." He smiled. I waved him off.
"What do you want?" I asked, leaning against the glass of the treats cabinet.
"Whatever that is." He pointed to my cup. I nodded and got to work.

"No joke, literally every single customer at work today was a jerk." He grunted.
"That sucks man." I pulled out a chair from his table.
"This one guys was all like 'do you have the limited addition of wolverine unleashed volume 7? It's all I need for my collection'. And I was like, 'no, we don't carry limited additions'. And he went full-fledged angry Yelp review." He yelled softly. "Like I kid you not, he pulled out his phone and started angrily typing outside the store." I giggled and pressed my hand on top of his.
"Well, it's fine now. Your shift is over, right?" I asked. He nodded and smiled at me.
"Ya know, even after the shittiest day ever, you always seem to make me feel happier." He bit his lip. I smiled happily and hugged him from across the table.
"Your the best customer I have ever had, Gee." I smiled.
"Question, if I applied for Starbucks, you think I could work with you?" He asked.
"Probably." I replied.
"Cool. Anyways, let's listen to some music!" He smiled and pulled out his laptop.

We spent the next hour of my shift listening to Metallica and laughing on his laptop before Jennifer came in.
"Y/n. You can go home now." She yawned, probably just woke up. "Who's he?" She pointed at Gerard.
"He's uh...my, boyfriend. Yeah." I pursed my lips at her. She nodded.
"Go sign out then." She muttered. I nodded and left Gerard's side to change out of my uniform. I tugged on my black trench coat and put my phone in my pocket, fixing my hair in the mirror. I walked back out and Gerard smiled at me. He had never seen me out of a uniform and I think he was enjoying it.
"Alright. See you tomorrow Jennifer." I smiled and walked out with Gerard.
"Quick thinking, y/n." He smiled.
"Thanks." I mumbled.
"What's up?" He asked rubbing my arm.
"Oh, nothing. I'm just tired." I moaned.
"Do you want to come back to my place and we can watch a few movies and pass out on the couch?" He smiled.
"Yeah. That sounds fucking awesome." I smiled.

I got to Gerard's apartment and flopped down on his couch. He sat beside me and grabbed the tv remote.
"What do you want to watch?" He asked, his black hair falling in front of his eyes. I giggled softly and moved his hair back behind his ears.
"Horror?" I questioned his opinion. Gee nodded and turned the ring on.
"Have you seen The ring?" He asked, moving closer to me.
"No. I've been meaning to forever." I responded.
"Me too." He nodded.

About halfway through the movie, Gerard and i sat huddled against the edge of the couch, in each other's arms. We were so close I was practically on Gerard's lap.
"She's gonna bust through that closet." Gerard whispered into my ear.
"No, it's only the 6th day. Didn't she say 7 days?" I replied.
"Shit your right" he laughed and hugged me tighter.
"I fucking told you." I linked my fingers with his. He, in response, rested his head on my shoulders and kissed my neck lightly.
"Y/n?" Gerard asked me quietly.
"Yes?" I turned my head up to face him.
"Will you go out with me?" He smiled.
"I would love to" I smiled at him back.