Oneshot #69

I fumbled with the pencil in my hand, leaning back ever-so slightly on my desk chair. I was supposed to be doing school work, but I really just wanted to listen to music. Unfortunately, the record player was downstairs and Mrs.Diana was having a meeting with a couple about adopting one of the babies at the orphanage.

My parents died a few years back, when I was 11. It was hard for me, as I didn't have very many friends at school, my parents were very close to me. Since none of my family could take me in, I was sent off to an orphanage.

I heard a soft knock on the door that stopped my thoughts.
"Come in!" I yelled, watch in the door swing open. Gerard smiled softly at me and closed the door behind him.
"Hi! Can I hang out here for a while?" Gerard asked, sitting down on my bed.
"Uh, sure" I replied, spinning my chair around to face him. "What's up?" I asked, wheeling towards him a little, resting my hand on his knee cap.
"Oh, nothing. Just Mikey and I are in a little bit of an argument. That's all." He told me, looking to the carpeted floor.
"Are you sure?" I asked, concerned.

Gerard and Mikey were the only people I talked to at the orphanage. They had been here for longer than I had and helped me around when I first came. Gerard and I became fast friends and often spent time together listening to vinyls in the basement. He was a year older than me and helped me with school work when I was lost.

"Yeah yeah, I'm okay. I just would rather be here than deal with a pissed off Mikey." He laughed.
"Well, since you here, this math is killing me." I spun my chair back around and showed him. Gerard got up and leaned over my shoulder, his black hair falling over his eyes.
"Oh god, exponents are fucked up." He smiled. I nodded vigerosly and pointed to the question I was stuck on.
"I can't figure this out." I told him. Gerard motioned I give him my pencil and I pressed it into him Palm.

He started working on it quickly, solving it on the paper and setting the pencil back down.
"Alright, do you want me to just do the last few questions or should I help you figure it out?" He asked, running his fingers through his hair.
"I want help. The test is next week and if I fail, Diana will kill me." I sighed.
"Hey, don't worry, okay? I'm sure you'll do amazing." He lifted my head up lightly with his finger. I smiled and looked back at the paper.

"So, 71, right?" I asked Gee, scribbling down my final calculations.
"Yeah! Now your getting it!" He hit
My arm softly, giving me a side hug.
"That's pathetic. If your gonna hug me actually hug me" I got up and attacked him in my arms. Gerard's back hit the wall and he hugged me back tighter. Our laughing mellowed down into just comfortable silence as our bodies pressed against each other.

I felt Gerard start stroking my hair lightly, growing worried.
"Y/n? Can I tell you something?" He asked, starting to get nervous.
"Of course, Gee." We pushed apart only a little bit, our arms still around each other's bodies.
"So I like this person. They're really sweet and always make time for me if I'm in need. I feel like I can go to them for things, and I think I love them. I, I just don't now how to tell them." He said. I felt my heart lurch in my chest, in a bad way. Crush?
Even if I wasn't really okay with this information, I tried to give him the best advice I could muster.
"I think you should just say it. Let them know that you like them, maybe ask them out for coffee?" I suggested. Gerard nodded and took a big deep breath in.
"Y/n, you wanna go get coffee sometime?" He smiled half heartedly.

My mouth dropped. I stared back at Gerard and tightened my grip on his arm. I nodded, smiling. Gerard lowered his face towards mine and kissed me lightly, pulling away slowly.
"Oh hell yes." I whispered, hugging him again and pressing my lips on his. He smiled widely into my lips and hugged back, lifting me up and spinning me around. I giggled as he put me down, kissing me again. We both collapsed on the bed, smiling.
"Thank god, I would have fucking died if you didn't accept." He giggled, flipping over so I was on top of him. I smiled and kissed him again, pressing my body down on his.

"You mean all that? You love me?" I asked, balling the fabric of his shirt up in my fist and resting my head on his chest.
"Yeah. I... I love you, y/n." He kissed my forehead lightly. I smiled, holding back tears. I Haden't heard those words coming for me since my parents were alive. I looked to Gerard and smiled, hugging him.
"I love you too Gerard."

A/n

This one I like a lot :)
There won't be an update next week cuz I'm on vacation, but enjoy this cuteness for the time being!!