Oneshot #52

I looked around the school yard anxiously and flicked my bangs In front of my face to block the sun. It was my first day at a new school, and to top things off, I had just moved to New Jersey from Canada. I knew moving was difficult, but I had never done it before now, so the whole 'making new friends' thing wasn't my favourite activity in a new town.

The bell rang and everybody rushed into the school. I had no idea what class I would be in and it would be to hard to get a hold of people while they ran down the halls, so I stayed put. I cought the glance of a dude standing alone in the Court yard.
"You new here?" He asked, flipping his hair away from his face.
"Yeah. I have no idea where to go though" I replied.
"Come with me. What grade are you in?" He asked.
"Uhh, grade 7." I told him.
"Me too. Now, let's figure out what class we're in." He smiled and me and lead me into the school.

Him and I walked through the school down to the office at the very end.
"Hello?" He approached the lady at the desk.
"Yes Hun?" She smiled. He cringed a tiny bit at the nickname and continued to talk.
"We need to know what class were in." He asked.
"Just a moment," she said looking at the paper folder In front of her.  
"Room 102, to the left." She smiled. I nodded and him and I walked out.
"She scares me" I whispered to him.
"Yeah, me too" he giggled adorably.

We got to our class and took a seat at the back of the room together. The teacher smiled at us and continued doing attendance.
"Gerard?" She questioned. He, beside me, raised his hand. Gerard, huh? Nice name. I though to myself.
"Y/n?" The teacher smiled next. I raised my hand and saw Gerard smile out of the corner of my eye.

After attendance, we were told to just socialize. I immediately turned to Gerard and found his eyes worriedly.
"I don't socialize, Gerard" I told him.
"I don't either. I say, we just sit back here and talk to each other?" He smiled at me. I laughed. How could this guy get better?
"Defiantly."

After the day, Gerard and I walked out of the class together and sat outside in the courtyard.
"Any plans today y/n?" Gerard asked, ruffling his hair.
"Nope. My family and I are still moving in." I told him.
"Where did you move here from?" He asked.
"Canada." I responded.
"Damn." He sighed. "You probably miss your friends, hey?" He asked.
"Yeah. I dunno, they never really got me anyways." I sighed and looked up at the sky. He laughed, quietly, but knowingly.
"Yeah, I know what you mean. Hey, do you wanna maybe go grab like, an ice coffee, or something before you go home?" He asked.
"Sure!" I smiled.

Gerard and I sipped our ice coffees on a park bench close to my new house.
"I should probably leave. My brother is home alone right now, so I should get to babysitting." I got up.
"See you tomorrow?" He smiled.
"Of course. Goodbye, Gerard."
"Goodbye y/n."

I bit my lip as I walked away. I could feel Gerard staring back at me, smiling.

Maybe this won't be as bad as I thought it would.