Oneshot #46

A/n
This one is kinda weird, but roll with it

I drove down the street home from work. It had been a long day with lots of customers and all I wanted to do was go home and watch Netflix. I had almost fallen asleep at the steering wheel when I heard a meow from the sidewalk. My head jerked up and I turned to my side. A thin male orange tabby lay on the sidewalk, it's pleading eyes staring back at me as I pulled over to check it out. I closed my door shut lightly and kneeled down beside it.
"Hello there!" I said softly and stroked the animal. The cat looked up at me happily and mewed in reply.
"You don't have a home, do you baby?" I asked sadly. The cat replied in a sad glare at the dirt. I sighed in thought. I mean, I had always wanted a pet, right? I thought to myself. Fuck it.
"Ya know what? You can come home with me." I smiled. The cat got up onto his feet and purred in happiness.

I opened my cat door and put the cat down lightly in the passenger seat. I drove back onto the road and turned the radio on.

Once we finally reached my apartment, I pulled the cat out of the car into my arms. We entered the elevator to my floor in silence.
"We need to give you a name, don't we?" I smiled at the cat.
"Well, we'll do that later, first I'll set you down in the apartment and then I'll go buy some cat food." I rubbed under his chin lightly.

Once I had the cat In my apartment, I left to buy buy cat food. This cat was probably the best thing that had happened to me in the last few months, and I was ecstatic to talk care of him. There was something about this cat that I couldn't get over though. He seemed very human like if you could understand what I meant. From the way he seemed to respond to my questions to the way he looked deeply into your eyes, there was just something... different. I brushed the thought off and continued on my search for cat food that seems even partially appetizing. Once I had found an okay food and bough a few toys, I left back out to my car, rushing to get home to the ginger cat wondering my apartment.

Once I got to the door, I could hear the muffled singing of a man on the other side. At first, I smiled at the beautiful sound of this man's soft voice... until I realized he was in my apartment. In sudden panic(!), I burst through the door and dropped all my things on the wood floor. At the sudden disturbance, the intruder spun around to face me. He had the most beautiful red hair that draped effortlessly over his eye. His face was so perfectly unblemished, it could almost be porcine. His nose was at a perfect angle and his perfect lips perked up to a panicked frown. But nothing compared to his eyes. They were stunning, I was surprised I could even breathe. Their hazel-green colour entranced me, almost so much so I couldn't move. Yet one thing was tugging at me, these eyes were troublingly similar to that cats.
Wait...WHERES THE CAT

I suddenly screamed.
"What are you doing here!" I backed up and put my hands out.
"Hey hey hey, wait. I can explain!" He yelled back frantically. The stranger pushed me against the wall and held me still as I calmed down. "Are you alright?" He smiled softly. I nodded and pushed my hair away from my face.
"Who are you?" I asked, quietly.
"You don't recognize me?" He asked, sadness spiking through his fantastic eyes.
"I've never seen you before" I muttered.
"What are you taking about? You just rescued me from the street!" He replied, hurt.
"What are you talking about? Today I rescued a cat..." I looked him up and down and spotted the tail, slowly swilling behind his back. I looked up to his face and saw his ears, leaning downwards in sadness. Then the realization finally hit me. "Your a Neko?" I smiled. He nodded and looked away.
"I'm sorry, I though maybe you would except me like you did earlier but I understand. It's not the first time I've been kicked out of a house." He replied droopily.
"Wait! I'm not kicking you out" I grabbed his shoulder.
"You aren't?" He asked, his ears perking up.
"Of course! I said I'd bring you home, if you want, you can stay." I smiled.
"Thank you so much!" He hugged me happily, purring. I giggled and pulled his tightly to my chest.

"Now, I don't want to be just calling you 'the cat' forever, so, what's your name?" I asked, sitting him down on the couch beside me.
"Gerard, but call me Gee." He responded, cuddling up beside me.
"Alrightly then, Gee." I kissed the top of his head and stroked his hair.
"I like it here." He kissed my cheek.
"I'm glad." I smiled.