Oneshot #50

I tied my hair up into a bun and laid back onto the couch while watching tv. It's was 4 am and I was still waiting for Gerard, my roommate, to get back from his girlfriend's apartment so we could hang out. Most people would just give up waiting at this point, seeing as it was 4 am and he wouldn't bother even coming home at this hour, but not me. Gerard promised we would hang out tonight, I wouldn't give that up for the world.

The truth was, I had a thing for Gerard forever, but his girlfriend and our friendship stopped me from making any sort of move on him. He cared a lot for me and I knew he would never break a promise to me.

Just as I was about to fall asleep, I heard the jiggle of our doorknob. My head perked up as Gerard stumbled through.
"Gee?" I asked, my voice in a whisper. He looked like a wreck.
"Y/n? Your still up?" He slammed the door accidentally and fell on the couch beside me.
"Yeah, you promised we would hang out." I mumbled and got up.
"Wait! Where are you going?" He slurred.
"Gerard? Are you drunk?" I asked, semi shocked.
"A little. Don't worry about it" he waved me off.
"No, I have to worry about it! I thought you were at Lindseys!" I yelled. He pressed his palm to his forehead in pain and sat back down on the couch.
"Okay, so maybe I haven't been telling you some pretty important things." He grabbed my wrist and pulled me down beside him.
"What happened?" I asked, disgusted.
"Linds and I broke up a while back. I didn't tell you because I knew you'd freak out if you knew that I was going to the bar to drink away my fucking problems." He waved his arm around while explaining.
"Gee, why didn't you tell me?" I tried to hug him but he pushed me away.
"I...I broke up with Lindsey because I have feelings for another girl, y/n." He crossed his arms.
"Okay? Still doesn't make sense to me Gerard." I cocked my head.
"It's you, okay? I...I just couldn't bare to be around you because all I wanted to do was kiss you. I know you don't like me, because who could?" He almost started crying.
Until I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. He hugged me back and tucked himself into my neck. I stroked his hair and loosened our hug a little.
"Gerard, I kinda have a thing for you too." I smiled.
"Thank god" he whispered. I kissed him slowly, trying to show as much love and affection I could into his lips.
"I need you to stop drinking like this" I grabbed his shoulder.
"I'm sorry." He ruffled his hair.
"It's alright. But I need you to promise to stop, okay baby?" I correlated his cheek.
"I promise." He hugged me. I hugged him back, bundling his tee shirt into my fist. "Thank you." He cried.
"Anytime, Gerard. I'll always be here for you"

A/n

Okay this one is real shitty but I just got back from vacation and I didn't have very much time to write so just deal with it I guess