Oneshot #25 falling in love again

I smiled and sat my daughter down in the booth.
"What flavour do you want, honey?"
"Chocolate!" She smiled at me.
"Righty then. Stay here baby, don't move. I'll be back in a minute." I ruffled her hair and got up.

After waiting a few minutes to get her some ice cream as I promised, the delicious chocolate cone was almost melted when I finally got it.
I turned around with the cone to my daughter in the booth, who was sitting with...Gerard? I stormed over to where she sat and glared at Gerard.
"I brought you your ice cream, baby." I smiled at her.
"But daddy's here now! He needs ice cream too" she whined. Daddy? Shit, Mikey must have told her.
"Daddy? Not quite, sweetie." Gerard rubbed her hair.
"Gerard, hand her over," I moved towards honey.
"She's so beautiful, y/n. I'm proud of you. Where's your boyfriend?" He looked around us to see if anybody would be there.
"Give me my daughter," I damanded. He pulled her tighter to his chest and smirked.
"Firstly, your going to tell me why the fu-heck...you have a kid?" He questioned me.
"Look gee, we ended badly. I... I didn't realize I was pregnant, okay?" I tugged my daughter out of his arms and placed her on my lap. She took the ice cream and started licking it happily.
"She's...mine?" He started freaking out.
"You should have told me!" He yelled.
"Gee, you know that if you even saw my number, you would hang up." I yelled.
"Babe-"
"Don't. Please, Gerard, if you hear to gloat or something, leave. I just want to get home." I rubbed my forehead. 
"Then go home. I'll come with you, we don't need to argue in the middle of a mall, in front of our daughter." He crossed his arms. I growled. Our daughter?
"Mine. Sweetie, we're going home now, okay?" I lowered my voice to speak to my child. 
"Is daddy coming?" She asked worriedly.
"Yes, I'm coming Hun." Gerard smiled at her from across the table. I rolled my eyes.
"Let's go."

I buckled her into the car seat and kissed her forehead. After, I opened my door and got into the driver's side.
"You got any good music?" He looked through the  pile of cd's by his feet. I plugged my phone into the aux and millions turned on.
"Shit..." I whispered, realizing that it was Gerard's album.
"You have it?" He laughed. I nodded sadly.
"I missed you, okay?" I pressed my foot to the gas Pedal. He reached his hand out to make sure that honey would be okay. I internally smiled, he would have been such a great father. After the next 3 minute passed, brother came on. I pressed my head to the steering wheel. Today couldn't get much worse, could it?
"I wrote this song for you." Gerard mumbled.
"You did?" I couldn't hold my smile anymore.
"Yeah, it was right after we broke up. I...I really missed you." He confessed.
"The lights we chase, the nights we steal," honey sang from the back. I felt tears rise in my eyes. Gerard turned around and squeezed her hand happily.
"Does mommy listen to this song often?" He asked her.
"Yeah, it's her favourite." Honey responded to Gerard.
"That's what I intended when I wrote it actually. I wanted it to be perfect for you." Gerard said sadly out the window. I could see his eyes gloss over, he wasn't kidding.
"Gerard I-" I was cut off by my daughter in the backseat.
"Mommy really likes the guy on the album too. She says he's cute" honey smiled back at Gerard.
"Cute eh?" He laughed to me.
"You look good in the picture." I shrugged at him. He laughed and looked out the window.

We finally got back home. Once I had brought honey in, she ran off to play, Giving gee and I some time to talk.
"Sit," I patted the spot beside me on the sofa. He sat down and turned to look at me.
"Your a great mother." He pressed his hand on mine. I wanted to pull away and show him I couldn't care for him anymore, but my hand stayed under his.
"If you think so, I'm not to sure." I explained.
"No really, she seems to love you y/n. She's gorgeous, too." He replied inching closer to me.
"Thank you. I think I would be an even better one if I actually had a father around for her." I responded sadly.
"I know. I'm so so sorry. Can you forgive me love?" He raised my head up with his index finger.
"I love you. I still love you gee. I just don't know if I can live like we used to." I looked down at his feet.
"We don't need to live like we used to. I just want you back. Look, I, we made a mistake. I love you too." he leaned in to kiss me. I let the tears that were filling in my eyes go and stream down my cheeks. My lips pressed against his, a feeling I had genuinely missed. I wrapped my arms around his neck loosely and kissed him harder. He pulled away from my lips and brought me into a hug.
"Will you take me back?" He whispered.
"I'll try baby. I love you, Gee" I rubbed the back of his head.
"I love you too." He kissed my neck lightly.

"Mommy? Can you come kiss me goodnight?" Honey smiled in the doorway.
"Of course." I got up and stood beside her. "Gerard? Are you coming?" I asked. He smiled and ran up next to me as we followed honey to her room.
"Goodnight mommy" I kissed her head.
"Goodnight love." I responded.
"Goodnight daddy." She put out her arms for Gerard to hug her.
"Goodnight baby." He hugged honey tightly.
"Mommy?" She asked as I closed her bedroom door.
"Yes?" I peeked my head through the crack still open.
"Will daddy be staying?" She asked worried.
"Yeah. I think daddy will be staying." I turned around and looked at him.
"Good." She smiled and closed her eyes. I shut (the goddamn) door and hugged Gerard.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" He placed his hands happily on my hips.
"Yes. Would you like me to make popcorn?" I smiled at him.
"Sure." He hugged me. We stood, wrapped together in the hallway of my daughter's room for a long while. I soon felt wetness on my neck.
"Gee?" I cupped his tear stained face.
"I love you. I love you so much." He kissed my forehead.
"I love you too." I caressed his cheek.
"I promise I will never leave you again. Ever." He cried.
"Good." I bit my lip and hugged him again.