Chapter 11

⇢Nathaniel Adams⇠

She's been out cold for about an hour now. I don't know what happened, what caused her to faint. We are waiting for her to wake up to see what caused it.

•Two Hours Before•

Ugh, I'm so dumb. I should have said something. I just let us sit there without saying anything. I could have used that time to talk to her about us.

Oh god I sound like a girl. I have to stop acting like this. She's changing me and I don't like it. I had walls up for a reason and without even knowing she had been breaking them down for years now. It's just a matter of time before he comes back and notices how I didn't keep my end of the deal.

It was suppose easy letting her go. With her hating me and Sam not letting me anywhere near her. But now I want her more than I've ever wanted her before. And I don't like this feeling. Mostly when I know that her life is at risk, her and her mothers.

"Geez Lexi, what are you doing to me" I say out loud. I've been in this car for the pass half hour talking to myself.

I lied to her saying I had to do something. I just couldn't handle the silence anymore. I guess I can go back. I saw Sam leave minutes ago.

But than I saw her mother enter the hospital. I haven't seen her leave. She must still be in there. It's wouldn't hurt to see her mom again, after so long.

Her mom was never really ever around. Always working, day in and day out. It was almost rare to see her. When I was friends with Alexandra.

I get out of the car and locked it. I head into the hospital. I go up without grabbing a pass. They know me so I don't need it anymore.

I reach her room and stand outside the door. I take a deep breath and knock.

Her mom comes to the door and opens it. She was holding some clothing. They must be for Alexandra, she must be getting released already. I could hear water running in the bathroom. I'm guessing she's taking a shower.

I turn around to leave but I feel a hand on my shoulder. "Don't leave I don't bite. Come sit, she should be out any second now." I turn around and nod my head.

Her mother knows why I stopped being friends with her. She some how figured it out. She came to me one telling me to not leave Alexandra because I was one of the only people in her life she loves. And would be in so much pain if she lost. Telling me that she would take care of Miguel but I couldn't let her handle him. Not when I knew how much power he had with his buddy by his side.

"Thank you" I say finally answering. I than hear a thump. I shake it off as nothing. She goes to the bathroom door and knocks twice.

Knock. Knock.

"Honey? Honey come on, someone is here to see you and I've got your clothes." She looked at me and smiled.

I smiled back. After a while she got worried because Lexi didn't respond or turn off the water. I than remember the thump.

"I think you should check on her. I think I heard something fall before you knocked" she nods and opens the door.

I could see Lexi on the floor of the shower. Her arm covering her breast. I instantly got off my chair and walked over to the bathroom door.