Chapter 23

↠ Alexandra Queen ↞

I sigh as I wait in the cold cell-that I've been for god knows how long-next to Samuel waiting for him to say something. He hasn't said anything or even moved for what feels like forever.

"Samuel please say something" I begged. Still nothing, not even a reaction. Before I could say something else someone came into the basement. I look up at them and see Amber looking down at me. Not even a single sign of remorse towards me.

"Someone wants to see you," she said looking down.

"I'll be rig-" Samuel answered but was interrupted.

"Not you, Alexandra" She looked up at me still with no emotion in her eyes.

"Who could possibly want to see me," I said annoyed.

"John."

Just the name alone sent shivers down my spine. I wasn't scared of many things but scared of him I was. Just the mere thought of facing him scared me to death. I rather am beaten by Miguel then seeing him ever again. Facing death seems rather good then seeing him as well.

"She will not be seeing him" Samuel spoke. He looked at me anger but the anger wasn't directed at me but rather someone else. But what could he possible do to stop them from forcing me to see him?

"That isn't your choice, is it now" he looked up at her and glared at her. She looked scared for her life once she met Samuels' eye.

"Alexandra you have to come with me. Your father wants you presentable for John."

I could only imagine what she meant. Presentable? She says that as if I'm being sold off to him or something. My eyes widen to the possibility. I moved up against the wall and brought my knees up to my chest. Samuel looks at me confused but after a while, he seems to get the gist of what was going through my head.

He looked at Amber and spoke "Why does she have to look presentable? What is he planning on doing with her?"

"I'm not at liberty to say," she said matter of factly and looked away from us in shame. I could tell she knew something and wouldn't tell us. I got up carefully, making sure I don't hurt myself any further.

"Amber answer the question" she stood silent "AMBER! ANSWER THE GODDAMN QUESTION!" she picked up her head and looked at us scared.

"I overheard him speaking to John on the phone and..." she stopped afraid to go on.

"And what Amber" I urged her into continue.

"He was talking about not wanting you here with him anymore. That he was going to sell you to some people he owes money to. But John suggested something else. I don't know exactly what John told him to agree but he did. Miguel doesn't just change his mind much, not just like that but he did. John must have offered him something good that it had Miguel jumping at the idea. Miguel didn't have to think about it twice-"

"Amber what did he offer Miguel?" I wanted her to spill it out already, I wanted to know.

"He offered to buy both of us. He offered enough money for Miguel to pay back the money he owes and to still have money in his pockets" She finally said. Tears started falling down her check. I felt bad for but I couldn't do anything about it.