Chapter 34

↠ Alexandra Queen ↞

↠ Alexandra Queen ↞

I give the cab driver his money and get out with my stuff. Standing there for a while I look at the door. I look into the window from where I'm standing and I can see a figure. That's all I could see since the curtains were closed.

At least I knew someone was home. It's kind of only made it harder for me to go knock. What if it's not her.

'Stop thinking about the what if's and just knock on the damn door'

My subconscious is right. So I walk up to the door and stand there. I take a deep breath and ring the doorbell. Waiting I look around paranoid.

'Knock again you idiot, if we're leaving we have to do this quick'

I ring the doorbell and wait once again. Getting impatient I knock a couple of times. I was anxious about seeing her again and I didn't want to give myself a chance to leave so she needed to open the door before I leave.

Knocking and ringing the doorbell again I wait. I soon hear footsteps making their way to the door. My heartbeat raises as they get closer.

They open the door and without looking at me they speak. "Sorry I was cooking. How may I help you?" They asking cleaning their hands on their apron. Before I can speak they look at me.

It took her a while before she realized who I was. Tears started sliding down her cheek.

"Alexandra? Is that really you?" I nod whipping the tears escaping me as well.

She pulls me into a tight hug as I hug her back. It felt so good to finally be in my mothers arms after all this time. This is the one place that I knew I wouldn't be judged. I felt safe being in her arms. She smelled like cookies.

I laugh at the smell. She pulls back and looks at me confused. "What are you laughing at?" I smile "you smell like cookies," I sniff once more "chocolate chip ones to be exact." This makes her laugh. God I missed that laugh.

"I missed you mom" I cried as I pulled her in for another hug. She let me cry into her shirt.

Once I was done I pulled away and whipped my final tears. She helped me with a smile on her face. When they were all whipped she pulled me into another hug.

"I missed you too honey" we stood like that for a while.

"I've never hug someone this much" my mom chuckled. "Same here darling."

She grabbed my hand and pulled me into the house. I willingly let her as I pull my suite case with me. We walk to the kitchen and sit at the island. That wasn't there before so I sat down hesitant. Scared to break a chair.