Chapter 19

↠ Alexandra Queen ↞

I ran to the police car and looked again for anything to defend myself. The sirens were getting closer. While looking again I saw a picture of the police officer and the doctor from before along with two boys that look nearly the same age and a little girl around five but none of them looked anything alike.

I felt someone's presence behind me. I saw a bat underneath the seat so I grabbed it. I spin around to look at them.

It was a cop so I breathed in relief. "Ma'am where's the officer who's car you were in" I looked behind him feeling like someone was watching.

"I don't know, he went after the guy that was with me but he hasn't come back. I heard gunshots though" he nodded.

"Okay ma'am we'll take it from here" the officer replied. He looked to his left and signaled someone to follow him.

I didn't notice the other two police cars until I saw two other officers come out. They walked behind the officer who had questioned me. One of them looked young around his 20s. He had this hand on his gun ready for an attack.

Not long after they disappear into the woods the one that looked in his 20s came running out looking sick. He goes to the side of the police car I'm next to and throws up.

The officer that was with him before came speed walking after him. He looked much older "It's part of the job kid. It's part of being a police officer" he told the other sounding devastated about something.

I walked up to them. "Is the police alright?" I asked nervously. "No, the person he was chasing... um... killed him..." he mumbled something afterward but I didn't hear because everything around me seem to fade.

I walked to the car I was with Samuel in. The sounds of the cars passing by seemed to fade away.

'It was my fault he's de... dead'

"Ma'am are you ok?" Someone asked. I couldn't bring myself to say anything.

'Pull yourself together Alexandra. Don't think about yourself'

I listened to my head and I nodded to the person. "I'm okay" I say.

*🥀*

So much is happening right now. People keep asking me questions like:
"Are you ok?"
"Who was the person with you?"
"Did you hear anything else?"
"Did you see anything?"
"Do you know why he wanted to take you"
On and on but all I was focused on was the police officers family.

A few minutes ago they called his family and told them what happened. I wanted to do it but they wouldn't let me. It was my fault after all. They came in not long after being called.

The police officers husband was the doctor. It was the doctor that helped Sam out earlier and talked to me.

All the guilt I already had was a million times bigger. Not only did I cause someone's husband but the husband of a guy who saved my best friends life.

He saved a life for me and I cause one to die for him. I haven't been able to look at him in the eye since him and his kids got here.