Chapter 17

↠ Alexandra Queen ↞

"Alexandra you need to rest" My mom said from outside my bathroom door.

"Mom, schools about to end and I haven't gone as much as I should have. I've missed months of school. I need to go back" I said.

"Of course you missed school honey. You got into an accident, unless you have some hidden powers you haven't told me about," she chuckles "than how did you expect to go to school just like that? Now stop being silly and rest" I groaned getting frustrated.

"Mom I'm going to school whether you like it or not" I said walking about out of the bathroom.

I look for my socks and shoes. When I find them I sit on my bed. "But honey you had a bad fall yesterday. You could have a concussion. I just want you to be safe" I sigh.

I finished putting on my socks an shoes and get up. I put my hands on my moms shoulders. "I'll be fine mom. I'll go to the nurse when I get any kind of pain, ok?"

This time she sighs. She knows she won't change my mind no matter what she says so she gives up. "Can I at least drive you?"

I laugh "Mom it's your free day. Use it and rest, Ryan is already picking me up. Plus you need the rest" she gives me an amused face.

"Do I look that bad, jeez nice way to put it daughter of mine" we both laugh. I let go of her shoulders.

I grab my backpack that's on the chair and my phone that's on the desk. "I'll call you when I get there?" I asked heading down.

"Yeah, please do" she yelled down to me. "Love you mom" I said. I heard her say 'I love you' back before I left the house.

I see a car parked in front of the house with the front windows rolled down. "Hey Alexandra" Ryan said.

I reach the door. "Hey Ryan" I smiled at him. I open the door and get in. I put my backpack in the back and than closed the door. Ryan followed my every move with his eyes.

"You really didn't have to drive me to school you know" I looked at him. "I know but I don't start school until like 9. I have the time so might as well use it. And plus anything could happen to you while walking" I nodded agreeing with his response.

He starts up the car and drives off.

There was silence in the car so I turned the radio on. 'Filthy Rick' by Evelyn comes on. I start singing to it.

"Mommy says I'm a smoking gun
They call me cheap champagne, but I'm Miss Dom Perignon
Kids online say I have too much fun
I get high with the spotlight on
Baby when the crowd goes home
I'm all alone and I've got no one
Baby when the credits roll
No self control
I come undone" I hear Ryan laugh.

I look at him confused "what are you laughing at?" He looks at me than back at the road.

"Nothing" he smiled. "Lies" I said "Come on tell me" he smirked "I think I prefer the silence than your singing" he laughed once again.

I hit him playfully. "Your so mean" I crossed my arms like a little child and looked out the window slightly.

"I'm playing with you" I saw him smile from the corner of my eye. "You actually have a alright voice" I looked at him confused.