Squeal

↠ Alexandra Queen ↞

Five Years Later

"Nat, please hurry up

"Nat, please hurry up. You're going to be late for school." As I finish my sentence I hear small feet hitting the wooden floor. In a few seconds, Nathalia is standing in front of me ready with her backpack. "Ready?" I asked smiling down at her. "Yep," she said cheerfully.

I take her hand and walk to the door with her. "Excited about today?" I ask opening the door. Today she had a trip to Water Wizz. She loves that place. Begged me to let her go, I couldn't say no to her.

"Yeah mommy, I've been counting the days since they told us." She said excitedly running to the car. I smiled at her and nodded my head. She had put it on all the calendars in the house. Nathalia was smart for age. More mature than most kids her age.

"Remember what I said though." Rolling her eyes at me playfully she nods. "Don't roll your eyes at me, missy." She giggles. Shaking my head I remind her to put on her seat belt.

When we're all set I take off. It only takes three minutes to get here to her school. I park the car in front of the building. I look at Nat in the backseat. "Alright, we're here honey." Excitedly she jumps out of the car and runs toward the building. Before entering she turns around waves bye at me and runs into the building. Smiling at my daughter I drive off to work. I wanted to go on the trip with her but I had to work. One of the mothers at the school who claimed me to be her best friend, at first sight, said she would take care of her. Yessika, the mother is just a year older than me. I like her personality, it's refreshing compared to everyone here.

Her husband is hardly around, he works in the city so he doesn't spend a lot of time with them. He does spoil his boys and wife, goes on vacations to try and make up the time lost when he can. Her boys are close friends with Nathalia. I believe one of them even likes her. One of the boys reminds me a lot of Nathanial when he was younger, the other boy, however, reminds me of Sam, which is the one that seems to like her.

Three years into hiding I decided to settle down. Its been almost three years now since I moved here. I heard about this small town from a family who moved out of here. I love this place and so does Nathalia. I still fear that someday Nathanial or worse Noah will find me. I try and not let it affect me that much. I knew I couldn't keep running and hiding, for Nathalia's sake. I didn't want her to grow up like that. I gave her the name I wanted to give her but took away her last name. As for me I changed my name completely. I was now Megan Smith. Very original, huh. I had to pick a name that didn't stick out and was basic and that's how I ended up being Megan Smith.

Walking into the hotel where I work I greet the workers. I work at the Ocean House hotel as the head manager. I have no idea how I received the job at first. After a while, I realized how. The owner of the hotel has taken a liking to me since day one, taking me out every so often. I won't deny that he is handsome but I'm not looking to start a relationship.