Box (Neko reader + Neko L)

A/n: I found a vocaloid song that is literally about L. It's even called Lawliet. It's in the media and I love it to bits.

You were a young neko only about 5 years old, you were abandoned a long time ago and you've resorted to living in a cardboard box, with a blanket.

You were constantly sleeping or in the constant hunt for food. You had been in the same clothes for about a year now, life was just horrible. But one night gave you hope in life.

You were curled up in your box, upset you hadn't eaten much today. You listened to the crickets chip and the wind rush past your box. Suddenly you heard footsteps, you sat up and peaked out the top of your box to see the shadow of another neko, but this neko was a boy. He looked cold in his messed up clothes and he sat against the wall, obviously tired and hungry. He had a dirtied white shirt that was too big for him and blue jeans, he had raven black hair and ears and a tail that matched. You could also see dark bags under his eyes, he must be very tired.

He sat weirdly but you didn't judge it must be for a reason. You jumped out of your box and slowly walked over to him.

"Hello?" You said.

He turned to look at you and his face lit up.

"You're like me!" He said.

"Yeah, I am... you look cold, do you want to come in my box? It's warmer" you said.

He nodded shyly.

"Yes please"

You grabbed his hands and helped him up, you both climbed into your box and closed the lid.

"What's your name?" You asked.

"I'm Lawliet and I'm 5" he said.

"I'm (y/n) and I'm 5 too"

"Thank you for letting me stay here with you... I've been alone for a long time"

"So have I, so I told myself that if I ever saw someone like me I'd help them"

"That's really nice" he said.

"I just don't want anyone to experience what I have..." you replied.

"It's very late we should try and sleep... it's very cold though" he said.

"If we snuggle together we'll keep each other warm"

"Thats a good idea"

You both flopped backward into the blanket and pulled some of it over you. You slid your arms around his thin body as he did to you, you held each other close as to keep all your body heat confined.

Eventually you did fall sleep in the arms of the small Neko boy.

Not long after you fell asleep, one of the flaps to the lid of the box had fluttered open, making you both shiver a little.

Someone was walking down the street, he just so happened to own an orphanage called Whammys house. He noticed the box and took a look inside to see you and Lawliet, snuggled together with your tails wrapped around each other as you slept.

The man known as Mr. Whammy opened the box and wrapped you both up with the blanket, he picked you both up as you slept and took you to your new home Whammys house.

You and Lawliet were placed on a king sized bed in a heated room and some candy was left on the bedside table as a snack for when you woke up.

And that was the day you had a place to call home and knew what love was.