I love you in more ways than one

L always looked so sad, you often wondered if it was because he just naturally looked sad or if something was wrong. Whatever the reason, he was one of those people that just needs to know they're loved. So why not let him know it.

"Hey L" you said.

"Yes?"

He tuned away from his computer to look at you.

"I love you, you know that?"

His usual sad expression turned to a shocked one. He couldn't quiet figure out why, he didn't think someone like you would ever like someone like him. He always thought you were way too good for him and way out of his league so he usually just left you be.

"You do?"

"Yeah"

"Why?"

He shouldn't have asked that if he wanted to get his work done. You were going to go on all day about why he's so amazing now.

You slid over to him and turned your chair to face him. You took his hands in yours and smiled warmly at him.

"Because you're such an amazing person, you're helping the world just by existing. All your quirks are so cute, you're so sweet and even though others don't see it you're helping everyone and always making sure they're ok. You have a heart of gold and the most amazing smile anyone could want. And even though you eat nothing but sugar and people class you as weird, I love you in more ways than one" you said.

A smile grew on his face, but you weren't done yet.

"Don't let anyone tell you you're a bad persona because you're not. Don't let people like Light get under your skin, they're not worth fighting with. Just remember that I love you and keep smiling ok?"

His smile grew brighter and you felt him pull you into his arms. You wrapped your arms around him and hugged him back gently.

"I love you too (y/n), thank you for everything" he said.