Hometown

A/n: sorry for not being active too much, I've been writing the one shot for the contest winner. I don't really know if I have any reasonable excuses as to my other books...

The temptation killed you, broke you down, made you crumble.

The temptation to do what? The temptation to get away.

Living in constant fear about Kira was the worst feeling you'd ever had, all you wanted to do was lay down and wake up in another world, get away from the horrible one you live in. This world, your hometown, had descended into darkness, the world becoming a Kira obsessed mess of opinions you didn't care about.

Shadows would tilt their head at you, beckoning you to join you. Spirits in the dark are waiting for you. But you just let them keep doing it, you weren't going to descend into Kira madness. Your hometown was in the dark.

You dragged your feet along the muddy ground, eventually sitting at a quiet park, surrounded by Forrest, you sat on the end of a jetty that sat above a lake, you looked up at the sky and saw nothing but darkness. This is what Kira created.

"I scream, you scream, we all scream because we're terrified... of what's around the corner..."

You sat back up your feet dangling off the edge of the jetty, when you suddenly heard a raspy voice laugh. Next thing you know, you're shoved into the lake, with a splash you land in the cold water your heavy clothes making it hard for you to swim. You sink, lower and lower into the lake. Suddenly you hear a splash, feel something around your waist and black out.

Well, of a tentacle monster got you at least you can say you died in a cool way...

You can hear faint voided on the darkness.

"YOU'RE A COLD BLOODED KILLER LIGHT!"

What did it mean?

This was the end for you... or so you thought.

You awoke to the feeling of someone pressing against your chest, you instantly sit up and cough up half the lake. Sirens wailed. Police cars and ambulances were everywhere, a man was in handcuffs and another dripping wet. You saw paramedics rush over.

"What-"

"You'll be ok, just do what they say" the man that was dripping wet said.

You were suddenly pulled onto a stretcher and wrapped in a towel, you were so confused. You looked over at the man that had just spoken to you.

"You"

He turned to look at you. He was the only one that could have pulled you four of the water.

"Thank you"

He smiled at you.

"It's no problem"

And with those words, you were taken to hospital by ambulance. Only to never see that man again. When the media got their hands on this story, you urged the saviour to come forward so you could eternally thank them. But they never did. Until... a detective by the name of L came to you, and asked about the day you almost drowned, acting as if it was for an investigation.

You knew it was him.

But there was something that you could never figure out. When you were in the water, that temptation, was gone.