Last night, good night part 2

Oyasumi.

Goodnight.

The word echoed in your head as you slept. The familiar voice playing over and over, your body begged to wake up and see what happened but your brain was keeping you sleep.

O-ya-su-mi.

It kept repeating, echoing in your head. It meant goodnight in Japanese, that was the one word you knew off by heart, why did you know it? Because of death note. You watched both the sub and dub, but something about L saying goodnight made you remember it. You had to wake up, you began to force your body to switch on. Your mental voice screaming 'WAKE UP!' Over and over. You forced your eyes to open, you sat up in the darkness of your room and looked around. You couldn't see anything, it was too dark.

You felt around for your lamp and switched it on. You looked around and noticed... the other side of your bed was messed up, the sheets had been pulled back and the pillow had been moved. You didn't remember making that mess, nor did you mess it up in your sleep. You woke up in the same position you fell asleep in.

What was going on?

You got up and walked over to the mirror, looking yourself in the eye. Was this it? Where you finally going crazy?

"What's happening to me?" You said to yourself, hanging your head.

"Nothing"

You shot your head up and looked in the mirror, all you saw was a silhouette time around you had seemed to stop. And you saw a silhouette that looked like a human, the silhouette had a hand on your shoulder, making you feel slightly terrified.

"I promise that tonight will be the last time you say goodnight"

And with that, it disappeared...

You looked around and started to panic. Was that a hallucination? You decided that enough was enough. You've been cooped up in your room for too long. You walked onto the balcony of your house and took a deep breath in, the cold wind blowing in your hair.

"You're not crazy, just stir crazy, you need some air" you told yourself.

You looked out over the dark city and sighed.

"If this were real, I'd be so happy I could cry..." you laughed to yourself.

Once you had taken some time to breathe you decided to go back to bed, it was midnight after all and you wanted to be up early for the release of a new anime tomorrow.

You wandered back inside and flopped down into your bed and pulled the blankets over you. You turned off the lamp and stared at the roof for a moment.

Tonight will be the last time you sat goodnight...

"Goodnight... Lawliet"

And with those words, you fell asleep for the next 6 hours you'd be waiting in suspense as you slept. The last time you'd say goodnight? That could mean anything. After what felt like forever, you heard birds start to chirp and the sun rose, shinning through your window and hitting you in the face. You were forced to wake up. You rubbed your eyes and yawned, you opened your eyes and looked up at the roof, wondering if everything was just a dream.

Suddenly you felt something against your hand, holing it tightly, a familiar voice rang through the morning air.

"Good morning"