Don't tell

Your biggest secret was your relationship with L, the taskforce couldn't know whatsoever, and if Light is Kira, he could use the death of one of you to get to the other. So as long as you were in HQ, it was no contact with L at all. It was hard sometimes sure, but it was crucial in order to survive this case.

But there was one person who knew, Matsuda. He found out, don't know how but he did. You remind him every day too keep his mouth shut and since Matsuda is a nice human, he sometimes covers for you when you have to disappear together to do something important.

And today was one of the days where unexpected things came up and he had to cover for you.

L messaged you while you were working and you apparently had to meet him at home. L used the excuse that he had a meeting with the ICPO, and you had to come up with something.

You were texting Matsuda your plan for about five minutes until you put it into action.

The plan was to trip somewhere and 'jab your eye' causing Matsuda to 'take you to the doctor'. Really he was just going to drop you home.

You nodded to Matsuda and he nodded back, knowing your plan.

You got up and began to file papers, and as you were walking back to your desk you deliberately tripped and just missed the table, but as you hit the ground you cried out in pain making everyone look at you.

"(Y/n)! Are you ok?" Matsuda said. He was a surprisingly good actor.

You covered your eye with your hand and shook your head.

"I jabbed me eye. AHH it hurts!" You exclaimed.

"Let me see"

You pulled your hand away enough for Matsuda too see your perfectly fine eye but not the rest of the task force.

"Holy shit! I'll take you to a doctor!"

You both walked out and got in the car, getting off scot-free.

"Thanks for covering again, I'm guessing I have to go home to sign some papers again" you said.

"It's no problem as long as you guys stay alive" he said.

"What are you signing?"

"Just some legal stuff for next month"

"Ooo... getting married?"

"Maybe..."

"OMG IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!"

You pulled up to your house and you jumped out of the car.

"Thanks Matsu!"

"No problem (y/n), bye!"

And with that he drove off and you went inside.

"So L, what's happening here?" You said as you entered the house.

"A certain package arrived" he said.

Your dress. It was tailored to your exact measurements and still in its box.

"You can't see that just yet, it's a surprise" you said taking the package off him and kissing his cheek.

"Come on, you know what I'm wearing why can't I see yours?"

"Became its bad luck to see the dress before the wedding"

"Fine, but we have to get some papers in by tonight... also what excuse did you use?"

"I 'jabbed my eye' and Matsuda 'took me to the doctor"

"Good thinking, have fun wearing an eyepatch for a while" L said.

You went over and signed some papers as L did and sealed them in an envelope sending them back to some marriage place.

"Well it's 5pm now, what do you want to do for the rest of the night?" You said.

"I have a few ideas..." L said with a devilish smirk on his face.