Mrs. potato head

A/n: trigger warning soz. Based on the song above.

You weren't beautiful. You were ugly. You didn't look good. However you wanted to say it, the point is, you aren't a pretty girl. Your hair is always a mess, you don't have any good body portions, you don't have a good style, you don't shit dresses, you just don't look good. You had thought about surgery for a long time, but you didn't have that kind of money. So what did you do? Pound on the make-up. Even if you weren't that good with make-up you still used it to hide yourself. You couldn't live without it honestly.

You worked on the Kira case, you were gifted in smarts, not looks. It was easy for you to get into the Kira case. But today was your unlucky day. After applying your make-up, you went to get dresses and when you came back, your lips had swollen up. You were allergic to the new lipstick you had.

"What?! No! Please no!"

You instantly washed off the lipstick and scrubbed as hard as you can make sure it was all off. You looked at yourself in the mirror.

Now you looked worse. You had half a face of makeup and this outfit didn't suit you, your hair had frizzed again and you looked horrible. You ran into your closet and started to throw clothes around, trying to find something else to wear, but nothing looked good on you. You could feel your self esteem dropping at a dramatic rate.

You looked in the mirror again.

Your hair was wrong.

Your hands were too big.

Your knees looked weird.

Your shoulders were huge.

What even was your hairline?

You were ugly.

You felt hot tears start to stream down your face and you dropped to your knees, curling up and beginning to sob loudly. As if on cue, you heard the door creak open, you couldn't do anything to stop it, whoever it was would see your face.

"(Y/n), are you rea-"

It was L. You recognised that voice.

"(Y/n)?"

"Don't look at me"

"Wha-"

You shut your head up and revealed the messy makeup and horrible state you were in.

"DON'T LOOK AT ME!"

L took a step back. You realised your words probably hurt him and began to cry even more.

"I'm sorry..." you said.

"I just want to know what's wrong..." L said.

"What's wrong? I'm allergic to my new lipstick, it made my lips swell up, my makeup is messed up. My outfits suck. My hair is a mess. My everything looks stupid. I'm ugly. I'm not pretty. I look bad"

There was a moment of silence as you hung your head.

Suddenly you felt two arms wrap around you and pull you into a tight hug.

"What on earth makes you think that?" L asked.

"Have you seen me?"

"Yes, and you're more beautiful than any other person I've met, you have an amazing smile, sparking eyes, shiny hair, a great sense in style and you're the perfect shape. You're absolutely stunning"

"Bullshit" you said.

"I'm not lying (y/n), what I wouldn't give to have your skin and eyes, you're 1000 times batter than me that's for sure, you look amazing no matter what..."

"...really?"

"Of course. I mean it" L said.

You stayed quiet as he hugged you, you let everything he said sink in. You had always strived to meet society's standards, society's photoshopped standards.

You had been so blind. You were average, not perfect, but average.

"I'm average... aren't I?" You said.

"Well, I think you're above average, with or without makeup, but if you think you're average, that's good. That's all you need to be" L said.

He pulled back from the hug and smiled at you.

"Come on, dry those tears, I'll help you clean this place up" L said as he used his sleeve to wipe your tears away.

You smiled at him, making him slime back.

"There's that beautiful smile..."

He leaned forward and gave you a kiss on the forehead.

"You're beautiful no matter what (y/n)"