While I'm thinking of you as my husband

Co-worker. That's all he was. Just a co-worker. You wished it was more, but alas, you weren't, you had zero courage to confess to the strange boy known as L. You loved him, you really did, but had no confidence to tell him.

So here you are, sitting by your co-worker and trying to formulate the words to confess in your mind. Nothing seems to be working out. All you wanted to do was confess, but your brain just wouldn't let you. The only way would be if you were put on the spot. And it seems L knows exactly that.

"You've been staring at that wall for almost 10 minutes now, is something wrong?"

You jumped and turned to see L looking at you with a confused expression.

"Huh? Oh yeah... I'm fine" you said.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, just lost on thought I guess"

There was a moment of silence.

"About me?" He said.

How the hell did he know? Well, they don't call him the worlds greatest detective for nothing.

"Ye- No" you said.

"Was that a yes?"

"Maybe...You're in interesting person ok?"

"What about me is so interesting?" He asked.

"Everything, you're so smart and I have no idea how you fit all that knowledge in that smol body of yours"

"Lots of sugar and brain training I guess, the place I grew up in taught me well"

"Obviously"

"Is that all you were thinking about?" He asked.

"Yeah"

"No it wasn't"

How did he-?

"How do you know, you were scribbling my name on your paper at one point"

You looked down at your paper to see messy L's all over it. Oops. That wasn't meant to happen.

"I tend to draw or write things when I brain wanders" you said.

"Wanders where?"

"Is this some kind of interrogation?"

"Yeah, I want to know why you dream about me so much" L said.

"Maybe because you're just a co-worker, while I think of you as my husband" you said under your breath.

There was a moment of silence, you looked up to see L staring at you in shock. Oops... did he hear that?

"You... what?" He said.

"Nothing!"

"Husband? Do you really like me?"

"Yes... I mean... like..."

You suddenly felt two arms wrap around you and pull you into a tight hug. You were shocked at the action but hugged back anyway.

"Maybe I could be your husband one day..."