The first fight

"L are you feeling ok?" You said.

"I'm ok, just confused about work that's all"

Lies. He was tired, getting sick and ignoring you...

"Are you sure bec-"

"I'm fine" he snapped

"Well I'm sorry for looking out for your health" you scoffed.

"What's with the attitude?" He scoffed back.

"You're being ridiculous! You're obviously tired and getting sick and you won't do anything about it! I'm not your slave, I can't look out for you forever!" You exclaimed.

"How am I being ridiculous? I'm just trying to do my job to keep us alive! How do you never see that!"

"HOW DO YOU NEVER SEE THAT YOUR OWN HEALTH IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN A STUPID CASE!"

"PEOPLE ARE DYING (Y/N)!"

"YOU'LL DIE IF YOU DON'T CARE FOR YOURSELF!"

"MY LIFE IS NOTHING COMPARED TO THE AMOUNT OF LIVES BEING LOST!"

"ARE YOU AN IDIOT! YOU MUST HAVE A DEATH WISH! You know what, I'm not dealing with this"

With that you grabbed your keys and slammed the door to HQ, storming away and going home. You sat on your bed and sighed.

"He's so stubborn! How can he say that? He's basically saying he wants to throw his life away... does he even know what love is..." you said to yourself.

Whenever you're stressed or angry, you tend to sleep it off so that's what you decided to do. You turned your phone off and changed into yours pyjamas, you flopped down into bed and wrapped yourself up in the blankets. You were already quite tired so you were able to fall asleep quite quickly.

MEANWHILE WITH L.

"Ok... that was a little harsh..."

One you left L just stood back and let everything sink in, you were just looking out for him, if he hadn't snapped you'd still be here. He picked up his phone and tried to call you, only to get no reply.

"She need time to cool off... just try again later..."

WITH YOU

You had woken up in the middle of the night to a cat on the roof. You got up to get a drink and went straight back to bed only to find yourself unable to sleep. Probably because of the pitter patter of paws on the roof.

"Ok I love that kitten and all, but can it shut up!" You mumbled to yourself.

The constant meowing was making you really annoyed and when you got up to shoo it away, you sat the kitten sitting on your windowsill.

"Aww... maybe he's cold..."

You opened the window and the kitten jumped in.

"Ok you can stay for tonight..."

The kitten jumped up onto your bed and instantly flopped down under the heater.

"You're lucky I'm nice" you said to the cat, getting back into bed.

It was silent for a while until you heard a knock on the door. The cat started to meow at the noise and you sat up in confusion.

"Who's up this late?"

You turned to check the time on your phone and saw tons of missed called from L.

"Nope, not now, its fucking midnight"

You grabbed the cat and pulled it into your arms so it would stop meowing and ignored the knocking.

"Don't worry about it kitty, I'm not talking to him right now" you said, patting the cat to sleep.

Suddenly you heard a click at the door. That's right... he had keys.

"(Y/n)?"

"Oh my god why"

You pulled the blankets over your head and hid from the outside world with a cat in your arms.

"I'll just date you instead little kitty" you whispered to the cat.

"Honey? Are you asleep?"

WHY AT MIDNIGHT.

If you stayed quiet you could fake it.

But no, the cat had to betray you. It jumped out of your arms and ran over to L who picked it up.

"Why do you have a cat?"

"Why are you here?"

"Listen I'm sorry... you were just trying to look out for me I should have been more considerate" he said.

You stayed quiet.

"Come on (y/n). I'm sorry, it's my fault"

You pulled the blankets back over yourself and mumbled to yourself.

"Kitten, why did you betray me?"

"(Y/n)..."

You felt the mattress sink next to you and you stayed facing away. Still salty at him and now the cat.

"I really should listen to you more often... you know more about life than I do... I need to stop being such an antisocial freak"

He's guilt tripping you now isn't he?

"You're not a freak, just stubborn as hell..." you said.

"I know, I need to stop that..."

You felt the cat rub against your face.

"You betrayed me cat, now I have to talk when I was trying to sleep"

L just giggled at your childishness. Damn him and his adorable laugh.

"L"

"Yeah?"

"Do you know what love is?"

There was a pause.

"The feeling of admiration, and the urge to protect someone, the feeling that you have to stay with them and be by their side forever..."

"Exactly, all I do is try to look out for you. And yes this is partly my fault for being short tempered... but sometimes I just feel like you don't understand how love works..."

"I don't, but I have a good idea of what's love and what's not... that's part of the reason I started dating you, to figure it you. Because you've always been a case I'd wanted to work on, and when I fell for you it's because I knew that you know what love is, and I wanted you to teach me"

"Sorry I can be such a bitch" you said.

"It's not your fault it's mine, for not knowing how to interact with people..."

"Stop saying its all you, it's me too" you said.

"Listen, I'm done fighting, let's just sleep and get back to being a couple in the morning"

"Alright"

You felt L climb under the blankets next to you and wrap his arms around you.

"I love you"

"I love you too..."

"Also why is there a cat in the house?"

"It wouldn't shut up"

"Fair reason"