Go to sleep

L never slept, you had never seen him sleep in your whole life. But you could tell the lack of sleep was finally getting to him, his eye bags were darker than ever, he was yawning and living off coffee with many heaped spoons of sugar in it.

You thought he'd just drink another cup of coffee and stay awake for another night, bit tonight, when all the taskforce fell asleep at their desks or on the sofas, you looked over to your right to see L, perched in his normal position as he leaned against the wall, peacefully sleeping with his hand over his mouse. You smiled over at him, at least he was egging some sleep.

Although, if you left him here, his back would probably be in incredible pain tomorrow. You quietly got up and gently wrapped your arms around him to pick him up when he began to stir.

"What are you doing?" He said in a tired voice, not opening his eyes.

"I'm just taking you to your room, go back to sleep" you whispered, trying not to wake anyone else up.

"Ok..."

He reached out his arms and wrapped them around you as you picked him up off his chair and carried him down the hall.

The last time L had claimed to sleep was three weeks ago, that's well over 100 hours without sleep. How does he manage this stuff?

You walked into his room and pulled the blankets back on his bed, you gently placed him down. You lay his head against the pillows and pulled the blankets up over him. You pushed his long fringe away from his face and smiled down at him.

"Try and get some more sleep, stay asleep for as long as you can alright? You need rest" you said, in a quiet voice.

L didn't respond, he must have been asleep. You turned to walk away but you felt a tug on your sleeve, you turned to see L had reached out and grabbed your sleeve.

"You're warm... don't go..."

He must have been really tired for his mind to be in a place like this.

"You want me to stay?"

He pulled on your arm, making you take a few steps closer.

"Yeah... you're cuddly" he said.

You smiled at his adorable, sleepy state.

"Alright, but you have to go to sleep" you said.

He nodded against his pillow and tugged on your arm, trying to get you next to him faster.

You pulled back the blankets and lay down next to him, as soon as you did, L instantly wrapped his arms around you and buried his face into your pyjama shirt, quickly falling asleep again.

"I love you way too much, you crazy detective..."