Romeo and Juilet

Why on earth did you agree to do this?

Misa wanted to practice being a director, so what did she do? Make the task force perform Romeo and Juliet. And because you were the only other girl, you had to Juliet. And since Misa wouldn't let Light who wanted to be Romeo kiss anyone, she cast L to be Romeo. You weren't to fussed by that. It was the fact she's making you perform for her modeling company.

Good god.

It was the famous scene you were about to perform. So far it was alright, no one was really into it, both the actors and the audience. But while you were backstage, Misa went nuts about making the last few scenes meaningful and full of emotion. Afraid of what she'd do if you didn't, you stepped onto the stage and channeled you inner Juliet.

"Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name. Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, And I'll no longer be a Capulet" you said into your small microphone that was attached to a headset.

"Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?"

You looked down from the fake balcony and saw the spotlight illuminate L. You still weren't used to seeing him in such old-timey clothes.

There were a few more pointless lines, but by now the audience seemed interested... was it the sudden change in acting? Why were you even so passionate?

"What light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun!"

L seemed more... emotional... than usual. It was odd to see, but quiet charming. It made your heart pick up pace. After more pointless lines, it was the final act. The kiss and the death. You were nervous as you ran onto stage with fake poison, you saw L standing under the spotlight, you felt butterflies in your tummy. You never actually did the kiss... it was for the play only. And it's finally time.

You recited your lines shakily and 'drank the poison' you did as the scrip said and began to 'die'. But you were get getting more and more nervous about the kiss.

"T-thus with a kiss... I die" L said, gazing at you nervously.

You then felt his lips against yours, it was a strange feeling, kissing someone for the first time on a stage, but it felt nice at the same time oddly enough. You pulled apart and you both started at each other for a moment, before remembering the play and suddenly snapping out of it. The play ended with both Romeo and Juliet, dead on the stage, their hands locket together.

"Never was a story of more woe, than this of Juliet and her Romeo"

As the crowd clapped, you felt L give you hand a tight squeeze. The curtains closed and you both jumped up from your death.

"S-so... was I good?" You asked.

"You did great... better than me" L replied.

"No way, you were much better"

You were both suddenly pulled into a hug by Misa.

"THAT WAS PERFECT! THEY LOVED IT! IM SURE TO GET A JOB AS A DIRECTOR NOW!" Misa said.

"Uh, thanks?"

"You guys had the perfect chemistry!"

"Chemistry?"

"It was like... LIKE YOU WERE REALLY FIGHTING FOR LOVE!" Misa squeaked.

You and L exchanged a confused glance.

Misa ended up running off to bug light, but... maybe she was right? In a way you were fighting for love, fighting to get your feelings out.

"What if she's right?" You asked.

"What?"

"What if... we do have chemistry?"

"Well... I guess that would be up to us... if we had chemistry, you could use it it ignore it" L said.

You thought for a moment.

"Well... for one, I'd like to use it" you said.

You saw a deep blush grow across L's face.

"Y-you would?"

"Yeah... I would"

He was silent for a moment before cracking a slight smile.

"M-me too..."