Colours

The world was dark and gloomy. Everything black and white, absolutely nothing was coloured. You'd grown used to the gloominess of the world, you never actually knew what colours you were wearing, what colour your bedroom walls were, what colour you eyes were. It was all just a boring blacks and white.

You walked the streets on the colourless world, on your way to a shopping centre to buy more snacks. You looked around and saw many people the same as you, walking in a colourless world. They seemed no not care about the lack of colour. But it kind of bugged you deep inside.

Suddenly you felt something bump into you and you fell back along with whoever you bumped. You got your head but it wasn't that sore. You sat up, rubbing the back of your head. And when you opened your eyes you saw something amazing.

Colour.

The world was beautiful. A blue sky, green grass brightly coloured signs and buildings.

"Do you see it too?"

You turned to face the person you bumped into. It was a skinny guy with messy black hair, blue jeans a white shirt and dark eyebags.

"The colour?"

"Yeah"

"Yeah, I do" you said.

It was silent for a moment.

"Oh, uh... sorry about running into you" you said.

"That's ok, I wasn't paying attention anyway" he replied.

You stood up and offered him a hand to help him up, which he took happily, you pulled him up and didn't let go of his hand.

"What's your name?" You asked.

"People just call me L" he replied.

"OK 'L' I'm (y/n)"

"It's nice to meet you"

The use of seeing colour was proving to be useful already. You saw his pale skin go pink at the cheeks.

"D-do you know what's up with all the colour?" He asked.

"I've heard legends that when you touch your soulmate you can finally see colour" you said.

There was a moment of silence before realisation hit the both of you. You started into each others eyes in shock, you'd jus run into your soulmate? You saw his mouth crack to a smile, making you smile as well. You both laughed for a moment at your reactions to fining each other.

"So... that means you're my soulmate?" You said.

"I guess so, to be completely honest, before I stopped paying attention to where I was walking, I did you you down the street and thought you were cute..." he blushed.

"Aw, thanks"

"S-so where are you off to?"

"The shops, I ran out of candy. Want to come?" You said.

"Sure, I'm a sucker for candy, I could live off sweet things" he said.

You smiled up at him and let your cheeks go a little red, who knew your soulmate would be this cute?

"Let's go then, I'll get you some candy"

And off you went, wandering down to the shops with your newly found soulmate that you had already grown to love. Still holding hands and hoping the colour would stay forever.