Taken in

You were ready to give up.

It had been a two weeks since you were abandoned. What kind of parents would abandon a 4 year old?

You were tired, hungry, thirsty, weak, and a complete mess. Hot tears streamed down your face, they had been for two weeks now. You sat against the wall of a building, no one even bothered to look at you as you bawled your eyes out, hoping for someone to help you. The harsh wind and snow falling made everyone worse.

The world was so cruel, a defenceless four year old, with no home was just ignored. What has the world come too.

"Over there"

You heard a child's voice in the busy street. You looked up to see the only kid near by was a small boy with messy hair and dark eyebags, he wore baggy jeans, a coat and a scarf. He was with an old man in black clothes. You saw the boy looking at you with worry in his eyes. He let go of the mans hand and ran over to you.

"Are you ok?" He said.

You shook your head.

"Do you have a home?"

You shook you head again.

"Neither do I, but I will soon! Come with us and we'll take you to an orphanage!"

"Ok..." you said.

He held out a hand and you took it carefully, pulling you up to your feet.

"You look cold"

He took off his scarf and wrapped it around you, it was warm and smelt like cake. You were already starting to like this boy.

He kept a grip on your hand and pulled you over to the other man.

"She needs a home too Mr. Whammy" he said.

"I see, what's your name?" The man said.

"(Y/n)" you said.

"I'm Watari, I own the local orphanage. This is L, I'm sure you two will get along at the orphanage"

"Yeah! We can be friends!"

L smiled at you, such a warm and welcoming smile.

"Ok, thank you very much" you said.

And that was the day, your life was saved. All thanks to a little boy who spotted you in a crowd. You knew you'd love him for the rest of your life.