The trip that started it all

You were such a klutz. There wasn't a day you didn't trip over. You were horrible at staying on your feet. And today was no different... actually it was a little different.

You were running, in a rush to get out of campus, you had been starving all day and you really wanted to get something to eat. You dashed down the pathways toward the entrance of university when you were an idiot and didn't noticed the crack in the ground in front of you, making you fall and tumble to the ground. You skidded and slid across the ground, grazing your knees as you did.

"Ah..OW..." you said, holding back the tears that wanted to kick in.

"Are you ok?"

You looked up to see the cutest man you had ever seen, he had shaggy black hair, dark blue eyes with eyebags sitting underneath them. He didn't dress very fancy however. He wore a plain white shirt and baggy blue jeans. Despite his nasty slouch, he still looked like a model. Well, to you at least.

"U-uh I'm fine..." you stammered, flicking the fringe away from your face.

The man held out a hand to you, you took it and let him help you up. As soon as you were on your feet,  he noticed the gashes on your knees.

"Oh, your knees" he said.

You looked down to see the torn skin, exposing your blood.

"Oh! Crap!"

Suddenly you felt him pull on your arm, you looked up to see you were being dragged to a bench. He sat you down and pulled two bandaids out of his pocket.

"Sorry if this hurts..."

You watched as he patched up your knees. He smiled up at you and stood up in front of you.

"I never caught your name" he said.

"(Y/n)" you said.

"L-uh, Ryuzaki"

"Thanks for helping... I didn't think anyone would" you said shyly.

"You seemed to be in a rush, and with a trip at that speed it was almost certain you'd be hurt"

"Well, thank you again anyway"

"Sorry to be intrusive, but I can't help but wonder why you're in such a rush"

"Oh, I skipped breakfast this morning because I was late, so I've been hungry all day, I wanted to get something to eat" you explained.

"Oh, I know of a bakery nearby" Ryuzaki said.

"Oh! That sounds yum!"

"I was heading there anyway, want to come?"

"Sure"

You followed him down the path as you walked to the bakery. You couldn't help but feel like he was hiding something, that this 'Ryuzaki' was nothing more than a persona, making you wonder who he was underneath the mask.

"So mysterious..." you said under your breath.

"So you figured it out?"

He must have heard you.

"Huh?"

"That Ryuzaki is nothing more than a persona, of you can guess who I really am-"

He pulled a lollipop out of his pocket.

"-you can have a this"

'Alright 'ryuzaki' I'll play your little game' you thought to yourself.

"Kira?" You joked.

"Definitely not"

"Hedeki Ryuga?"

"That's an alias, but no I can't sing to save my life"

"L?"

He suddenly stopped in his tracks and turned to you, looking quite surprised. He held out his hand and held the lollipop out to you.

"You have either incredible luck or a sharp mind, I'd say both" he said.

"L? R-Really"

"Quite correct (y/n), in fact I've been watching your performance in school for a while now, you'd be in incredible asset to the Kira investigation. As long as you didn't trip and break your neck"

You took the lollipop off him and smiled.

"Well... I'd love to be part of the case of that's what you're asking... and as for tripping and falling..."

"Yes?"

"I'd keep falling... because... I'm falling for you already..."