A Few Seconds Of Insane Courage (Spencer Reid OneShot written 4 me)

The plane ride from New Jersey was slightly uncomfortable, but I was never a lover of plane rides anyways. The whole time I peeked over at Spencer, for years I had watched him quietly; falling in love with him every minute. Working with him was both a joy and a sadness. Every morning at work he would smile and ask if I wanted coffee, but it seemed like an empty gesture...like it meant more to me than it did to him. I walked silently off the plane, constantly thinking about Spencer. "Good work today Jackson." Hotch said as he passed me. I nodded in thanks. The rest of the team walked towards the airport where our Black government issue SUV's waited. Distracted I casually scrolled through my messages, trying to direct my focus elsewhere. "Hey, Eternity!" my faces flushed as Spencer called my name. The young doctor ran up beside me, a sweet smile on his face. "Hey, so I just bought the new remastered lord of the rings DVD's and I was wondering if you wanted to come over to my place and, well, watch them?" my heart pounded in my chest, my lips turned up into a smile. "Sure!" I grinned, Spencer nodded and walked on ahead of me. As soon as he was out of earshot I sighed dreamily. This was perfect.

Sitting alone on Spencers couch I nervously looked around he room. His house was clean, like he had OCD, books everywhere, and comfy furniture. The atmosphere was very warm. "Ok! I have the popcorn!" he walked in smiling, carrying a large red bowl with steam floating from it. The warm aroma of fresh popcorn reached my nose. "Mmh...smells delicious." I smiled. Spencer sat next to me and placed the popcorn on the table infront of us. "Ready?" I looked into his deep hazle eyes, I was so close to him...the only thought on my mind was the crazy impulse to press my lips against his. I wanted to know if he felt something for me...if maybe he wanted to kiss me right now too. For a moment of insane courage I thought, 'what the hell.' I held his face in my hands and quickly pressed my lips to his. It was brief, but his warm lips sent shook waves of adrenalin through my body. Face completely flushed I pulled away, I knew I had taken him by surprise. His eyes were wide and his cheeks were red. I waited for a response, searching his face nervously for his reaction. Finally his hands cupped my face and he leaned in for a long kiss. His lips were so gentle and sweet, and it was just for me. Unfortunately lack of oxygen took over and we pulled apart, catching our breath. His beautiful eyes looked tenderly into mine. Then I did something else on pure impulse. "Spencer I've been in love with you for years..." my pulse was going wild, I could hear it pounding in my ears. Spencer's face flushed red. "R-really?" he stuttered. I nodded. "Eternity, I-I'm in love with you too." we both gazed at each other dumbfounded, we loved each other and it took three seconds of insane courage to admit it. We both smiled widely. I cuddled into Spencer as he pressed play. I was so happy.