Take A Chance On Me ((One Shot written 4 Me))

"I'm a monster."

"I don't scare that easily doctor."

It was comments like that, that had confused Bruce Banner to no end… He was currently sitting at the bedside of Breanna Findley, a girl he's met maybe four days ago. They had all been called in from their far corners of the earth, and in some cases beyond that, because of one man. Loki. He was also the reason Bruce had spent the last two days in the sick bay of SHIELD's flying ship.

During the fight with Loki and his minions, Breanna had been knocked out of the sky. When she didn't get back up the… other guy… had gone into a fit of rage and Bruce had lost what little control he had over him… From what he'd been told he'd at lest done something good in catching Tony as he fell from the sky, but the big guy apparently didn't like Thor.

After things had calmed down and the good doctor found himself once again back to normal size, and in need of pant, some nagging feeling in him wouldn't let him leave her alone. That feeling worried him, nothing good could come out of erratic emotions like that. And Breanna would be the one to deal with it, because when the melt down did happen, he would be tucked snuggly, and unwillingly, in the back of his mind.

His depressing train of thought was interrupted however when she began to stir. Wincing and holding her head as she sat up she looked over at him and smiled, "Well, hello doctor. What's the prognosis?"

"You almost cracked your skull open when you fell," Bruce couldn't help smiling at her a little, "You've been put on bed rest and monitoring for the next two weeks to make sure there is no sever damage."

"Please tell me you're the one observing me."

"I'm pretty sure they have someone on staff for that." Bruce chuckled as her smile fell a little.

"Oh darn." Then the smile crept back, "So, if you're not here to observe, what's kept you hanging around Doc?"

Bruce felt his face flush involuntarily, "I was, uhh, worried… about, you."

"Uh-huh." She pointed to a vase of flowers in the corner, "And apparently so was Tony, but he wasn't sleeping at my bed side for however long I've been out."

"Well, I…"

"You what Bruce?" By this time she was sitting on the side of her bed directly in front of him.

His breath caught in his throat for a moment, "I'm not sure this is a safe direction to be moving in…"

"Well then," She leaned forward so they were only a few inches apart, "We'll just have to take our chances, wont we?"

Bruce didn't have time to answer as she leaned forward sealing her mouth to his. And all rational though went out the window. He could probably thing of a hundred reason why he should stop this now but, the truth was, he really didn't want to. Safety, and caution and all the rest of it he damned, he brought a hand up to cup her face, he'd deal with it later.