Promises {[Scotty McReery One Shot]} written 4 me on quizilla

(A/N: wearing this -------------------------------------------------------------->)

“Breanna, which one should I get?” My friend Jayme asked me. She was holding up two dresses for Homecoming, one was red, and one was silver.

“I liked the silver one,” I said, a little dejected. You see, I wasn’t going to homecoming. I’m a junior and I’m not going to homecoming. It’s a little sad really, but no one asked me, and I’ve kind of already made a promise that, obviously, he couldn’t keep. Scotty. Yeah he was my boyfriend. Before he became famous, and toured for American Idol. He promised that he would take me to homecoming, but I guess he forgot. Whatever. I won’t ever get to talk to him again, so I guess there’s no use in crying over it.

“Breanna, you need to get a dress too. I told you, I’ve already set you up with Jake,” she said. Jake was her boyfriend’s, Heath, best friend. He was a player, but he was kinda cute, I guess.

“Fine, but I’m only doing this because you already asked him to. And don’t do this ever again.”

I went into the dressing room and Jayme picked out a few dresses. I decided on a beautiful peacock feathered dress with a tight bodice and floofy bottom.

“You look stunning,” Jayme said. I looked into the mirror, and I could see my wavy, dirty blond hair caressing my shoulders, and my blue-grey eyes sparkling back at me. I did look stunning. I smiled and we quickly purchased our dresses and left the store.

- - -

I love rallies. They’re so much fun. I always get so absorbed in the action, and games, we all just go wild.

“And now I would like to welcome a very special person to this gym,” said Mr. Jennings, our school principal, “a person who has recently become a special icon in the world of music.”

Jennings paused for a moment, and I stopped breathing. I think the whole gym stopped breathing. Then he walked into the gym, guitar slung across his back.

“Ladies and gentleman, please welcome Scotty McCreery!”

“Hello, thank you, thank you,” Scotty said, raising his hand to the crowd, “I’m here for a very special reason today. I hear that tonight is homecoming, and I wanted to be here for this.” He sat on a stool that was set out for him, and swung his guitar into his lap. He began to strum, and he sang his new song along to it.

You'll find better love

Strong as it ever was

Deep as the river runs

Warm as the morning sun

Please remember me

Please remember me

He finished the song and looked up into the junior’s section in the bleachers.

“Breanna. Where are you?” he asked. My mouth dropped, and disbelief flooded my mind. I felt people pushing me up and towards the gym floor. I stumbled when I got down, and brushed myself off. I looked up and into his eyes, and I could see him smile at me. I was speechless.

“Will you go to homecoming with me?” he asked “Like I promised?”

One tear ran down my cheek as I saw the procession come in with a black poster with HOMECOMING? written in large white letters, and a bouquet of red roses. He handed them to me, and I looked up to Jayme. I could see her giving me the thumbs up, and I could see Jake with his arm around some other girl and also giving me a thumbs up. They knew. I looked back at Scotty, and I nodded. The whole gym cheered, and I walked out with him.

- - -

I don't mind spending everyday

Out on your corner in the pouring rain

Look for the girl with the broken smile

Ask her if she wants to stay awhile

We were slow dancing to this song, at homecoming. Scotty had asked me to homecoming.

“I’m glad you kept your promise.”

“Always.” He said, and he kissed me, while Maroon 5 serenaded our dance.