scenario four

Scenario number four

Special Characters: Alexa, George, Jenny, Wade, Marco, Chloe.

Jenny Anderson can't help but stare at Marco and Chloe with a strike of jealousy. "What does Marco see in her?" Jenny rambles to her best friend Wade, her eyebrows narrowing and her eyes rolling. They're both in the playground of Harcott High, swinging lightly. Jenny persuaded Wade to follow her, knowing she'd see Marco. Wade, of course, followed her.

Wade shrugs his shoulders silently, ruffling his light brown hair. The reason is pretty obvious, but he's tired of explaining it over and over again to Jenny. Chloe Legend is the prettiest and richest student in Harcott High despite her bitchy attitude, and Marco Valienco is the perfect match for Chloe. He is the son of a billionaire, and is strikingly attractive. Marco is also the captain of the football team, and he's remarkably kind and charming.

"Will he ever see me as more than just a friend?" Jenny sighs sadly, her swing coming to a halt as her dark upturned eyes close.

Wade grunts. "He will notice you some day, I'm sure of it." Wade smiles as they meet each other's eyes. "He's a jerk for not noticing you yet."

Jenny looks away for a moment, "Finals are coming... and it's almost the end of the school year—"

"Don't lose hope." Wade advises her flatly.

Jenny turns to Wade, "I won't. Thanks for always being there for me. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"WAAH!" Alexa Howells screams for the fourth time for the day, sobbing and clutching her messy layered chestnut hair, her blue eyes wide and watery.

Marco, Chloe, Jenny and Wade turn to her direction, alarmed.

"What's happening to her!?" Both Jenny and Wade hear Chloe snicker while braiding her dirty blonde hair, mortified

"She has been like that for the past two weeks, sweetheart. Don't mind her." Marco responds, loud enough for Jenny to flinch and Wade to snort.

"She still won't stop crying." George Wells, Alexa's boyfriend, joins the conversation. He cranes his neck. "She won't even let me go near her—"

"Mind your own business!" Alexa snarls, running away.

George sighs, following her.

Before anyone can say a word, the bell rings.

"Hell begins now," Wade informs Jenny with a frown.

Jenny laughs without saying anything. Wade can't help but put on a huge smile, feeling like his day is now complete because he heard his best friend laugh.

He often wonders what it'd be like if he and Jenny were to become a couple someday, which is impossible right after Jenny commented something about two best friends falling for each other.

A year ago, Chloe hosted a party at her place, inviting every junior in Harcott High. The gang was watching a movie about two best friends, a male and a female, falling in love with each other.

"That does not happen to everyone out there. It's kind of cliche, plus it's just a movie," Jenny shared right after the movie ended.

Not all boy and girl best friends fall in love with each other, but unlucky me, I have, and lucky you, you haven't.