scenario thirty-one

Scenario number thirty-one

Special characters: Alexa, Zander, Evan, Aiden, Tina, Zeydon.

At night, Alexa couldn't sleep, still too preoccupied due to George's 'proposal'.

"Mom, will you agree to daddy's offer?" Evan asks her curiously.

Alexa clears her throat. "How did you know about your dad's proposal?"

"One of your friends told me." Evan answers, "he said that you guys are really going to get married and that I'm going to have another sibling soon—"

Alexa frowns. "Wait! Who told you that?"

"Umm... I don't know his name, but he also taught me stuff about black holes."

Alexa rolls her eyes. "Oh."

*knock knock*

"Who could that be?" Alexa groans, irritated, then she turns to Evan. "Go to bed, okay? Mommy will be there in a minute."

Evan nods obediently. "Okay."

***

Alexa opens the door cautiously. She gasps, surprised to see her younger brother, Zander. "Wow! You're so big already," Alexa's jaw drops. She hasn't seen her brother for a long time

Zander rolls his eyes playfully. "Wow, thanks a lot."

"In a good way." Alexa adds quickly, "what are you doing here?"

"I heard about the news." Zander utters, "and I'm happy for you, Lex. I strongly believe that you and George are really good together. He never gave up on you and Evan."

Alexa smiles. "Yeah... he's really a great guy.. but..."

"But...?"

"But what if he never wakes up?" Alexa cries, "what if that happens? What if it's too late?"

Zander hugs his sister. "George isn't like that, he'll wake up soon... I'm sure of it. Besides, what he would want you to do now is to focus on the finals."

"Pfffft, as if that's going to keep me from thinking about him." Alexa murmurs, "but thanks, ZV, for visiting me."

"Actually, I wanted to come so that I can give this to Evan." Zander hands over a teddy bear, "if you don't mind."

Alexa sighs. "He's already asleep, ZV."

"No he's not." Zander argues, "kids only say that they're going to bed so that their parents would shut up. We've been there already, Lex."

"I'm offended."

"I don't care." Zander returns, "come on, let me visit my nephew."

"Ugh, fine."

***

"My god." Tina mumbles to herself, disappointed. It's already eight thirty, and her half-brother, Zeydon, hasn't arrived yet. He texted her twenty minutes earlier that he was coming to pick her up, and Tina can't help but feel a little irritated.

"What? Your fake boyfriend isn't here yet?" Aiden grunts, "or should I say, your HALF-BROTHER."

Tina glares at him. "Stay out of this."

"You lied that you were with him in the horror house, Tina. Tell me the real reason why you were there."

Something in his voice startles Tina. "I'm not telling you anything."

"Of course you won't, but I have to say..." Aiden shakes his head at her, "I think you'd make a bad stalker."

"Excuse me?"

"What else would be the reason why you were there in the horror house?" Aiden grunts, "it's obvious that you were stalking me."

"No I wasn't!" Tina argues, "you should stop assuming!"

"I think YOU should stop assuming." Aiden shoots back, "you assumed that my cousin and I were a couple, right? That's why you followed us there?"

"You pretended to know how to do CPR just to kiss me!" Tina retorts without hesitation, her eyes blazing.

Aiden crosses his arms. "What?"

"Sorry I'm late." Zeydon Zigor joins the conversation with an apology. He notices the tension between Aiden and Tina. "Is this guy bothering you?"

"I'm not." Aiden says, rudely. "But I think it's completely inappropriate for a person to call a half-sister a 'girlfriend'."

Before Zeydon could reply, Aiden walks away.