scenario twenty-four

[Edited ]
Scenario number twenty-four

Special Characters: Gemma, May, Darren, John, Doctor.

"She's awake now, and she's okay. She has a few bruises on her body, but she can go home later." The doctor announces with relief.

May and Darren stand up, rushing inside the room where they see Gemma lying down on the bed, eyes open.

"Gemma.... I'm so sorry. This is my fault, it's all my fault!" May sobs.

"It's our fault." Darren corrects her sadly.

Gemma whimpers. "N-no... I shouldn't have overreacted... y-you guys are good for each other... I was such a drama queen."

"You didn't overreact, Gem. I would act the same if I were you—"

"No you wouldn't," Gemma interrupts her with a genuine look on her face. "You're always so compassionate and kind, you will never yell at me like I did."

Darren looks down shyly. "Can we not have this conversation? I feel uncomfortable."

"How long was I out? Is it Friday already?" Gemma asks, trying to make sure.

"Only a few hours, your family will be here soon." May responds.

Gemma pouts. "Well, that sucks."

May and Darren laugh. "Wait, where's John?" Gemma asks the two curiously.

"He... well..."

Gemma gets out of the bed. "Where the hell is he!?"

"John... when you ran... a car was coming toward
you and he quickly jumped and knocked you down.. to protect your body." Darren solemnly replies dimly. "Don't worry though. The car immediately stopped, but—"

Gemma's eyes widen with fear. "What!? Seriously!? He did that... for me?"

May and Darren nod quietly.

"Miss Sminters... you should rest." The doctor suggests, entering the room.

"I'M NOT GOING TO REST UNTIL I SEE JOHN!!" Gemma screams.

The doctor frowns, "you're one lucky girl, Miss Sminters, but—"

"Is he okay?" Darren asks the doctor, concerned.

"Yes, he is... but he can't have any visitors at the moment."

"I'm not a visitor, I'm a patient." Gemma remarks, "can I please see him?"

The doctor shakes her head, "like I said--"

"I need to tell him something very important!" Gemma whimpers, "please please please!"

"You're a patient, Miss Sminters... therefore you also have to be patient." The doctor grins sheepishly.

"I WANT TO SEE HIM! HE SAVED ME! I'M NOT GOING TO STOP—"

The doctor lets out an exasperated sigh. "Miss Sminters, I won't be tolerating this kind of behavior—"

"I HAVE A NAME! STOP CALLING ME THAT, YOU SOUND LIKE MY TEACHER!" 

....

....

.....

"Fine." The doctor mumbles, "I'll take you to his room. He's not yet awake, but he will be soon."

***

"You have visitors." The doctor announces, "I'll be leaving now, you only have four minutes."

"JOHN!!!" Gemma runs up to him. John is lying down on the bed with a lot of bruises on his face. "Thank you so much!"

"You're a lifesaver, John. I'm sorry for what I did." Darren murmurs sincerely. "I've been such a douche lately.... I shouldn't have done that."

May sniffs. "I-I'm sorry... for hurting your feelings... a hero like you does not deserve this."

"John," Gemma kneels, crying. "The kiss... I'm sure it didn't mean anything to you... but.... it meant a lot to me... I felt a lot of things... I felt so free and relieved that when we kissed, it was like all my problems were.... gone."

May touches Gemma's shoulder, "what are you saying, Gem?"

"John Blake, I think I like you." Gemma confesses shyly. "I don't know when, I don't know how... maybe I'm just infatuated? I'm not so sure anymore."

"Jeh....ma...." John stutters.

May, Darren and Gemma's eyes widen, surprised. "John? You're awake? Are you okay? Should we call the nurse?"

"Wh-when I saw May and Darren kiss...... I felt weird... I thought I felt that way because Darren kissed the girl I thought I admired... but... I actually felt sad because my best friend might stop hanging out with me.... since he would have May already."

Gemma couldn't believe her own ears, "what are you saying? Are you saying that you're jealous because Darren might stop hanging out with you since he has May?"

John nods, "y-yes... and when we kissed--"

"When we kissed...?"

"It felt like heaven." John finishes with a smile. "I like you too, Gemma Sminters. I don't care if this is just infatuation but... I want to be with you. For better or for worse."