scenario thirty-seven

Scenario number thirty-seven

Special characters: May, Darren, John, Aiden, Gemma, Tina.

THURSDAY. LUNCH TIME.

"Gemma was awfully silent earlier." John observes solemnly.

"Really? I haven't seen her." Darren frowns, "maybe she's still shocked about what happened."

May sighs. "Gemma didn't even bother to eat lunch with us... I wonder why?"

"I'm still anxious though." Darren growls, "those two unknown men seemed to be looking for Aiden and Harry... I wonder why?"

"YOU!" They hear a familiar scream, and they turn to see Gemma, furiously barging in the canteen, face to face with Aiden, who looks at her dumbly.

Everyone is now staring at the two of them. "What's up, Gem?" Aiden greets her, his voice monotone.

Gemma slaps him. "Do you have any idea what happened yesterday!?"

Everyone gasps. "The fuck? Why did you slap me!?" Aiden snaps rudely.

"THE FACT THAT TWO UNKNOWN MEN KIDNAPPED AND SCARED THE SHKT OUT MAY, DARREN AND I YESTERDAY IS BECAUSE OF YOU!" Gemma screams at him angrily. "THEY WERE LOOKING FOR YOU AND HARRY! AND SINCE MAY DIDN'T GIVE THEM AN ANSWER—"

"Two unknown men?" Aiden frowns, his voice calm, "looking for Harry and I?"

"DAMMIT, YES!" Gemma continues to yell at him, "YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW SCARED I WAS YESTERDAY! NEXT TIME, DON'T GET US INVOLVED IN YOUR STUPIDITY--"

"Gem, that's enough." May calms her friend down. Alexa, Eleanor, Tina and Jenny also stand up to help Gemma retreat.

John approaches Aiden, clearing his throat. "Why the hell were two dangerous strangers asking where you and Harry went?"

Aiden turns pale, "I..... I.... umm.... I need to go." Before John can say anything, Aiden runs away, his face petrified.

***

Tina curiously follows Aiden, who pulls out his phone once he arrives at the school's basement. "Hey, Harry... I have bad news."

Tina's nostrils flare, this is going to get interesting..... Tina pulls out her phone to record the whole scene.

"Yeah, well, you're lucky you're already in Trestill." Aiden comments with a sigh.

Eleanor tries her best not to make a noise. Trestill, Yuruga. So that's where he specifically went. "What are they hiding..." Tina mumbles to herself.

"Yeah, I'm going to go to Zarentil after two weeks...... yeah yeah... don't worry, no one will know."

Tina gapes. He's going to Zarentil, Latlint? What the hell? Somehow, she loses her voice... not knowing why. She also feels a little broken and at the same time, betrayed. Why am I feeling this way?

"No one will know about the drug dealing. Calm down."

This time, Tina can't help but scream. Aiden and Harry are drug dealers!? Since when did this happen!? WHEN!?

Aiden's eyes widen, ending the call. He glares at Tina and sighs.

"Since when were you and Harry drug dealers!?" Tina frowns.

"You shouldn't be eavesdropping on conversations, you know." Aiden advises her.

"It's better than selling drugs!" Tina retorts quickly, "you better start talking or else I'll tell the whole world about your doings!" Tina shows her phone with a grin, "I recorded everything, so you better start talking!"

Aiden clears his throat. "It's no big deal. Harry and I used to sell drugs... but we stopped weeks ago... our boss got mad when he found out that we were quitting—"

"Your boss? The two men that Gemma was talking about? The ones that kidnapped them?"

"Damn, no. We only have one boss, the other man with him was probably his assistant." Aiden explains, "we don't know who they are since they always cover their faces with a mask whenever we see each other.... or sometimes, they'd even wear silly disguises."

Tina's jaw drops. "Why did you guys sell drugs?"

"Harry and I were forced to." Aiden answers, "I know it's wrong but... those two men threatened to end our family's business if we don't do business with them...."

"Seriously? Aren't you and Harry rich enough—"

"No. Our boss owns a lot of companies all over the world, some are investing in drugs.... believe me, Harry and I... our lives are a complete mess because of our family's wealth..." Aiden sighs.

Tina frowns. "Since you and Harry won't be working for your boss anymore.... does that mean—"

"Nope. My family will move to Zarenril, just like Harry moving to Trestill." Aiden answers gently.

"Do you really have to leave Philiandel? Do you really have to jump into another continent?"

"For the sake of safety? Yes," Aiden replies grimly. "Any more questions?"

Tina ponders. "Is selling drugs the only thing you and Harry do?"

Aiden nods. "Yeah."

"Okay, well, thanks for telling me the truth." Tina purses her lips, "and I'm sorry for being such a jerk to you lately."