scenario twelve

Scenario number twelve

Special Characters: Jenny, Wade, Alexa, George, Eleanor, Xenia.

"Jenny, wait!" Wade runs out of the cafeteria, shoving Chloe and Marco out of the way. He follows Jenny to the playground where she sits on one of the swings while covering her face with both of her hands.

Jennifer Anderson then begins to weep, thinking about her devastating life and how much it sucked.

Wade sighs with relief right when he sees her. "Jen, I'm sorry that happened."

"N-no... stop trying to comfort me, Wade, because I'm just a sad, lonely and broken girl." Jenny sniffs. She knows she's exaggerating, but she has every right to. The boy she liked for years is getting married after all. "No one wants me."

Your overreacting, but it's cute. "That's not true—"

"Yes it is!" Jenny roars, shutting Cade up. "My parents abandoned me when I was born, and now the boy that I admire wouldn't even notice me! I'm such an idiot for thinking that I had a chance."

Wade heaves a sigh, "Come on, Jen. You're not expecting me to believe that, right? Someone out there wants you! You're just too blind to see that because you're so caught up on Marco—"

"Who the hell would want a broken girl like me!?" Jenny cries, "I live an awful life! I'm turning seventeen next week and--"

"Jenny, just stop--"

"No! I'm such a jerk! You know what? I think about suiciding almost everyday of my life. Marco Valienco stopped me from committing suicide, because I thought that maybe he and I would be a couple someday and I'll finally be happy." Jenny argues before choking more sobs.

Wade's face crumples. "Suiciding?" His face falls, scratching his skull, "you never told me any of that."

Jenny ignores him. "But look what happened now! I thought they'd eventually break up. I guess that's why my parents left me, huh?"

Wade looks at his best friend with a look of pity and comfort in his expression. Not being able to restrain himself, he stops Jenny from swinging. Jenny looks up at him, blinking back tears as he presses his lips against hers gently.

Jenny, unexpectedly, returns the kiss, still stunned by Wade's gesture. The kiss is passionate and... deep, only making both best friends want more. Wade pulls away eventually, both still breathing heavily.

Their noses touch each other's tips. Jenny places her arms around Wade's neck, absorbing the moment.

"Oh, I didn't know the playground was you make up spot." Xenia, the janitor, comments, holding her broom and dustpan awkwardly.

She frowns when Jenny and Wade continue kissing as if she's invisible. Xenia grabs her cleaning materials and paves the playground in a hurry. "No wonder those two always go to the playground..." she mutters to herself.

Silence...

Wade finally lets go. Jenny looks into his eyes and loses her voice, she doesn't know what to say next.

Jenny finally finds her voice, "W-Wade..."

That's when it hit Wade — that she probably kissed him back thinking that she's kissing Marco. She probably wants to apologize and pretend this never happened. Before Jenny can say anything else, Wade looks away. "I'm so sorry." Wade says apologetically. He quickly walks away before Jenny says something that would hurt his feelings even more.

***

"There's no Biology today right?" Eleanor asks Alexa, who cheerfully nods.

"No Biology today and tomorrow." Alexa replies, her cheeks rosy. Beside her, George can only stare at her dumbfounded, silently trying to figure out what's wrong with her and why her mood has suddenly changed.

And why does everyone think it's normal? George bites his lips, maybe I missed some important clue. He looks away, deep in thought.

He hears Eleanor sigh in relief, "Thank goodness! Harry would kill me if he finds out I didn't get to bring the materials again."

Alexa only chuckles in response. George finally grunts and turns to her. "Lex, I don't know why you're acting all strange but—" George pulls out his hand to reach her shoulder, but his hand just passes through it.

George blinks. What the fuck?

Suddenly, the memories hit him.

"I'm... dead." He slowly tells himself, "but why isn't everyone affected by it?"

George turns pale. What happened?

FLASHBACK

"I'm going to Marlion for my Grandma's birthday." George said to the group. Tina, Alexa, Chloe,Marco, Darren, Matthew, Eleanor, Jenny, Aiden, AJ, Harry, Lewis, May, Gemma, Wade and John were present. "I'm going to be back before the finals."

Everyone in the group hugged him goodbye , except for Alexa. She silently walked away, unnoticed.

After a long day, Alexa returned to her apartment, where she saw George getting out of his room, carrying his stuff.

"I'm going to miss you a lot." Alexa sighed, sadly. "Please promise me that you'll return."

"I promise, Lex." George hugged her, sincerely.

"I have a bad feeling about this, what if... what if the plane crashes? You never know."

George shushed her, "I'll be fine, Lex."

***

On the way to the airport, George couldn't help but feel a little excited to see his parents again, especially his little sister, Daniella.

Dani and George loved to pull pranks on their older brother, Alfred, who was always grouchy.

"Alexa..." George mumbled to himself. Something in him wanted him to go back to the apartment and see her once more.

BEEEEEEEEPPPP!

***

<present>

George rushes to the nearest hospital from the airport. Something draws him to his designated room as he moves around the halls knowingly like it's normal.

"Room 103." He catches his breath when he sees Alfred and Daniella outside the room wearing worried facial expressions.

With a deep breath, George reminds himself that he doesn't even need to open the door. He can simply just pass through it.

He sees himself on the bed, looking so sick and unconscious with his eyes shut and a body full of scars.

There's a doctor in the room, who is explaining some things to his parents.

"He's in a coma, he is very unconscious and has minimal brain activity. He may wake up in a few weeks-"

"But it's already been two weeks, doc." Mrs. Wells cries.

"Should we tell his girlfriend?" Mr. Wells asks his wife.

Mrs. Wells shakes her head immediately, turning to her husband. "Alexa still thinks we're in Marlion... it's better to tell her after the finals. If we tell her before the finals, she might get distracted and will most likely won't be able to concentrate."

George's eyes widen. What the fuck! I'm in a coma.

The doctor clears his throat. "It may take years for your son to wake up."

"YEARS?"

"Yes..." the doctor says slowly. "There's also a possibility that..."

"That..?"

"That your son may never wake up."