scenario thirty-four

Scenario number thirty-four

Special characters: Alexa, Yana, Melody, Darren, AJ, May, Gemma, John, Aiden, Wade, Matthew.

Wednesday. 6:52 p.m.

"I'm so glad that you were able to communicate with us, Lex!" Melody hugs her best friend, "so Harcott High's hosting a stargazing event?"

"How come we never had one of those when Mel and I were still studying there?" Yana frowns, disappointed.

Alexa laughs. "Come on, guys! It'll be fun!"

"Of course it'd be fun, you're the president of the astronomy club." Yana scoffs.

Alexa clasps her hands. "I'm so happy that you guys are here. It's been so long."

"Stop talking already and take us there!" Melody squeaks excitedly. "It's held at the field right?"

Alexa nods. Yana gapes at Alexa. "Wait, did they already take down the fences?" Yana inquires, curious.

Melody raises an eyebrow at Yana. "It's called a 'Black Forbidden Forest' for a reason, Yana."

"They didn't take down the fences," Alexa confirms. "Besides, I think it's for the best. They serve as barriers for the school and the forest. Who knows what's in there anyway. The event will be held in the open field, but the equipment will definitely be placed far from the fences."

***

The school's open field is packed with telescopes, binoculars and students. Wade, Jenny, Darren, May, Gemma, John, Matthew, AJ, Aiden and a whole other groups of students are all busy trying on the telescopes.

"Aiden, stop checking your phone. We're trying to have fun here." AJ reminds his best friend with a frown.

Aiden tucks his phone in his pocket. "Fine."

"Damn! The moon looks pretty sexy today." Matthew remarks with a weird look on his face.

"That's just wrong." AJ comments, "where can Aiden and I get binoculars?"

"Jenny and I can lead you there." Wade volunteers, "let's go?"

Aiden lifts his chin up. "Lead the way."

"Yow." Alexa joins the conversation, "guys, these are my friends... who are now in college... Yana and Melody. They used to go here."

AJ forgets all about the binoculars, turning to Melody. "Hey hottie."

"Melody has a boyfriend." Alexa adds.

AJ snorts. "That's okay, I still dig chicks."

Yana rolls her eyes. "You're just like my ex." And with that, Yana leaves the scene, annoyed and irritated.

Gemma notices her behavior. "She must've had a complicated past with her ex." She observes.

Alexa and Melody nod in agreement. "Very complicated.

May points at something that has captured her attention. "Is that a photo booth!?"

"There's a photo booth during a stargazing event?" John frowns, "that's just weird."

"It's called entertainment, Darren, incase someone gets bored. We also have popcorn stands and more, in case you didn't notice." Alexa states, then she turns to Melody. "Let's go look for Yana."

Melody nods, walking away with Alexa.

"AJ, Matthew, let's go use those telescopes." Aiden suggests as Matthew and AJ look at him, excited to finally have a few vacant telescopes to themselves.

"It sure is pretty crowded here." May says, "what do you say we all fool around in the photo booth?"

"You wanna fool around, huh?" Darren smirks flirtatiously.

"I wasn't talking about that kind of fooling." May giggles, "I was talking about poker faces."

"I'm in." Gemma clasps her hands, "boys?"

"Nah. You girls go ahead."

As soon as Gemma and May leave, An unfamiliar teenage boy wearing sunglasses approaches John and Darren. He has a funny outfit on, and his approach is slightly awkward with the way he exaggeratedly sways his hips. 

"I'm not good English speaker but I will ask that you know who are these people names is Aiden Hunter and Harry Morris..?" The unknown man asks them straightforwardly, his accent indicating he's from neither North or South Philiandel.

Darren tries his best not to laugh after scanning the boy's outfit. "We know them.."

"That's news is good, will they around be here?"

"Pppfffftttt... y-yes... but not Harry." John stammers, holding in his laughter to show respect.

"Oh? Where are Harry then? Why he will be not be around?"

"B-because..." Darren clears his throat, "I can't take this anymore!" Darren runs away from the scene, trembling with laughter.

The man pouts. "I not good in English but both you are disrepspectpul."

"It's because of your clothes." John specifies, "who wears sunglasses in the evening? And why are you dressed in pink and violet? Why are you only wearing slippers?"

The man glares at him. "Man.. I am not from here... do not you get it?"

"Oh? Then where are you from?" John teases him.

"I come from Icesouth. I come to this world because they do bad." The man answers mysteriously. "Now you replay this question, where Harry Morris?"

John couldn't bear to answer his question, unable to restrain himself from laughing. Everyone in the world is aware that Icesouth has borders that prevent them from reaching any other country aside from the ones in its continent.

"Young man, me don't have time is not enough! My master... he's waiting.. I have only one, two, three, four... FIVE minutes!" The man scolds him.

John doesn't acknowledge him, running away to find Darren instead, still laughing.