scenario thirty

Scenario number thirty

Special characters: Mr. Wells, Mrs. Wells, All main characters except Marco, Chloe, Harry and George.

"Look who finally showed up." Tina giggles when she sees Alexa.

"Don't be rude." Aiden grumbles.

Tina rolls her eyes. "It's just a joke, idiot."

"Anyways," May says, "the doctor came and told us that George is doing just fine."

Alexa smiles. "That's really good news."

"Why were you late, by the way?" Eleanor asks Alexa.

"It's about the stargazing event this Wednesday, I totally forgot about it." Alexa groans.

"Nah that's okay, president." AJ chuckles.

Alexa's eyes widened, "AJ! Matthew! You guys aren't going to tell Francis that I—"

"Lips are sealed." Matthew promises. "As long as I get to know more about black holes."

"Black holes?" John repeats, unsure. "What are those?"

Matthew grins. "It's that big black hole in space! In my opinion, I think it stretches your whole body until your neck won't be connected to—"

"I don't remember reading that.." Alexa comments
truthfully.

"That's because I think it happened in my previous life, Lex." Matthew informs her.

Lewis frowns. "That's so weird."

"I know. The conversation's getting out of nowhere." Gemma observes.

"How come Wade and Jenny never uttered a word since we got here?" Darren points out anxiously.

Tina laughs, "is there something going on between you two?"

Wade turns pale. "N-Nothing happened! We didn't do something romantic in the playground, I swear! What you saw was nothing!"

Awkward silence.

Jenny sighs. "We're just tired."

"Sure you are." John chuckles together with Gemma.

The door suddenly flies open with excited faces. "Mr. And Mrs. Wells?" Alexa exclaims, surprised by their visit.

Mr. Wells pants. "*breathes* George.. *pants* he.. *pants* he.."

"George... it was written in this paper that we could not believe but we should believe—" Mrs. Wells begins, her words stumbling.

"Hold on, what are you two taking about?" Alexa frowns.

Mr. Wells breathes, "we found a notebook under George's bed--"

"George has a diary?" Aiden mockingly interrupts.

Everyone shoots him a dirty look, most especially Tina. Aiden quickly looks away, embarrassed.

"Read it out aloud." Mr. Wells hands over a notebook, "the first few pages are just doodles, but take a look at the last page."

Alexa retrieves the notebook, shaking nervously.

"Dear Alexa, since the day you announced that you were pregnant with Evan, I could not believe my own ears. I've always liked you, but I thought it was impossible since you were a year older than me. When we gazed into each other's eyes in the library, it was the best day of my life, which is why I promised to support you no matter what happens... I know that it's too early for us to be parents, but for you, I'd do anything just to make you happy. We're almost going to graduate high school, and I can't help but think... what if we become a real family? What if... what if we get married months after college? I don't want you to answer me right now, but I think it's for the best, not only for Evan but for us. I love you, Alexandra Violet Howells. I know we get into arguments sometimes, but no matter what happens, my heart will never stop beating your name. I know this was not what you expected... having a child while you're still in high school... but for me, you're still you. You're kind, smart, beautiful, courageous and humorous.

"All of a sudden, you became a teenage mother... it was definitely not the life you wanted. I know you really felt like giving up when you gave birth to Evan, but please don't.... and if you will give up, please know that I still won't let go. I love you, Alexa... this may be corny but it's really how I feel.... I love you, and I want to be with you. I want to make more memories with you.... will you agree to be with me after college? Will you accept me in your life? Will you marry me? What ever your choice is..... I'll respect your decision. If you're happy, then I'm happy."

Silence.....

"He was supposed to propose to you after the two of you graduate." Mr. Wells concludes, "that has always been his dream."