scenario thirty-three

Scenario number thirty-three

Special characters: Jenny, Wade, Tina, Zeydon.

It's already six in the evening and Jenny is still in school. She has been very busy lately due to the upcoming finals, so she spent extra time in the library, also attending tutorials and group studies.

"Maybe I shouldn't bother going to the stargazing event tomorrow." Jenny yawns, exhausted. "I should hit the books instead.... Professor Edwin even told me that I'm nearly failing his class...."

"Hi, excuse me... Miss Anderson." The librarian interrupts her thoughts, "I'm going to close the library in about ten minutes..."

Jenny's eyes widen. "Oh my gosh! I-I'm sorry... I'll be going now." As soon as Jenny exits the library, she realizes that it's already nighttime and that her aunt is probably worried sick about her.

She takes out her phone and texts her aunt an apology, also stating that she will be coming home soon.

Jenny silently walks home. Her house is just near Harcott High, but it doesn't make her at ease, most especially when she notices someone behind her. Jenny tenses, knowing that the sound of the figure's footsteps are getting louder.

"Just walk a little faster, Jen..." Jenny whispers to herself, intimidated.

PAKKKKKKKK!!!

***

"Jenny? Are you okay?" A familiar voice asks her, warmly and calmly.

Jenny slowly opens her eyes, squinting at her blurry surroundings. Her whole body freezes when she sees her best friend — the one she's been avoiding after he kissed her. When her vision has adjusted, she blinks.

I'm in my room.

"I saw you... you were lying down near the streets of Harcott High unconsciously." Wade informs her gently. "I took you here... your aunt is just getting a glass of—"

Before Wade could finish, Jenny hugs him, relieved and happy. "Thank you, Wade... I don't know what I'd do without you," she says with sincerity, "if it wasn't for you, who knows what could've happened..."

"Ssshh, don't cry Jen." Wade assures her with a soothing voice, "you're safe now... It's all that matters."

Jenny pulls away, a smile on her face. "I love you." Jenny adds, mumbling the words gratefully before hugging him again, closing her eyes.

She just loves me as a friend. Wade reminds himself. We will never be something more than that.

***

"Zeydon? Are you free tomorrow evening?" Tina questions her half-brother.

Zeydon looks up at her. "Why?"

"My school is going to organize a stargazing event tomorrow evening around seven," Tina replies, "wanna go?"

Zeydon stares at her dumbfounded. "You expect me to gaze at stars and make a wish along with preschoolers?"

"I can assure you that my classmates aren't as childish and immature as you think!" Tina snaps, "Alexa is even bringing her friends in college."

"It's not really my thing to gaze at objects." Zeydon informs her nonchalantly, "I don't even like astronomy."

"Do this for your cute sister."

Zeydon folds his arms. "I don't have a cute sister."

"Please?"

After a few seconds, Zeydon sighs. "Okay, fine."