scenario twenty-nine

a/n: current rank is #65 sml guys *inserts lots of happy emojis with hearts* it means a lot to me.

ps: the following chapter includes a lot of astronomical information (I did a lot of research in this *sighs in relief*)

Scenario number twenty-nine

Special characters: Alexa, Astronomy club members.

On the way out, Alexa decided to grab a copy of the school's newspaper.

Stargazing Event.

Wednesday, seven in the evening.

Alexa lets out a deep sigh. "Shoot. I completely forgot about this!"

"President Alexandra." A junior named Kyle approaches Alexa, "the stargazing event is this Wednesday, and the astronomy club needs your help."

Alexa frowns. "Wednesday? Two days from now?"

Kyle nods, looking at her weirdly. "Uh, yeah. We need you, President. AJ, Amelia, Wyatt, Matthew, Francis and the others are waiting for you."

"Okay, but we have to make this quick." Alexa murmurs, "I still need to visit someone in the hospital."

***

"I'm sorry for being busy lately, and for not attending some meetings of the club. Thanks to my Vice President, Francis Mantaha, for taking over while I wasn't around." Alexa clears her throat, "the astronomy club will organize an event about stars this Wednesday around seven in the evening, we will set out telescopes and go stargazing with the other students. Everyone in Harcott High will participate, and we cannot fail to not give them a good time even during the midst of the finals. Any questions?"

Wyatt, a freshman who doesn't even like Astronomy, raises his hand. "What's the point of this event?"

"The school believes that experience is the best teacher." Alexa answers with confidence, "therefore, our club offered to show the students, using the telescope, the andromeda galaxy which is also known as Messier 31, M31, or NGC 224, the Triangulum spiral galaxy AKA M33c, Orion Nebula, which is easily visible for those who'll use the telescope with really good and sharp eyes, together with Venus, Jupiter, the moon, and Neptune and Uranus which will look like small, featureless, bluish or greenish disks."

Amelia oohs. "Damn, president, you make me question my sexuality."

"Ahhh... thanks?"

"Will there be binoculars?" Simon asks.

Francis laughs. "Binoculars are useless! Especially for astronomy. What astronomical features can we even see using binoculars?"

"Maybe there will be binoculars too, we can also use those for stargazing." Alexa assures Simon, "binoculars can also let us see Saturn's beautiful golden color. If you have the right amount of experience... you might even get a glimpse of Saturn's largest moon. It can also help us get a glimpse of Lagoon Nebula, The Milky Way, The Pleiades.. and more. Binoculars are highly recommended for those who are new to stargazing."

"Amelia! Stop drooling." AJ grunts.

Amelia glares at him. "Whatever."

"Are you really sure we can see all of those with binoculars?" Jake asks, curiously.

Alexa giggles, "did you know that people can see the Full Moon—"

"Duh." Francis rolls his eyes.

"—Together with Venus, Sirius, Canopus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and Uranus, it appears as a dot of bright light that can be very hard to distinguish along with nearby stars. You can check out the club's main book, pages 492 until 504." Alexa continues with a smirk.

"Wow! You're so magnificent, president! I really adore you." Amelia smiles, "I really adore you, president!"

Matthew yawns. "You're seriously paying attention to her?"

"Why the hell are you even a member in this club when you know nothing about astronomy?" AJ looks at Matthew oddly.

"Because I like to learn a lot about black holes." Matthew answers AJ, "is there an afterlife? Will people who enter it really be dead? Will they turn to a star? Who knows?"

Alexa clears her throat. "Dismissed!"