scenario fifteen

Scenario number fifteen

Special characters: Lewis, Eleanor, AJ, Tina.

AJ Howard sees Tina Hartley, who is pacing back and fourth, petrified. Tina's eyes sparkle when she sees AJ, but not in a flattering and romantic way.

"Please please please persuade your idiotic best friend not to get me expelled!" Tina says with a worried expression, grabbing AJ's hand with concern.

AJ can't help but feel a little disappointed that Tina's eyes lit up because of his best friend. "It's always about Aiden, isn't it?" He mumbles bitterly. He knows that Tina has every right to feel that way about Aiden, but he couldn't help the jealous feeling eating him up inside. 

"What do you mean?" Tina frowns, then her face darkens, "are you also saying that I have a crush on Aiden!?"

AJ's eyes widen shockingly, "NO! I don't.... I'm not saying that you like him."

Tina doesn't say anything, shifting her gaze somewhere else. AJ finally sighs, gathering up enough courage to talk to her. "Besides," he adds mischievously, "Aiden already has a girlfriend."

Tina gapes, surprised. "Aiden... has a girlfriend?"

"Yeah," AJ notices Tina's reaction, "got a problem with that?" He quietly scolds himself after delivering those words, just realizing how rude he sounded.

"No problem at all, it's just that he seems too jerky to be a boyfriend," Tina immediately responds, then she flashes AJ a warm smile. "You seem pretty cool. Maybe we can hang out sometime, you know, as friends."

AJ blinks at her, astounded. "I'd like that," he blinks, "can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

AJ tries his best not to sound so forward or nervous. "Can I have your n-number?"

Tina chuckles, "Give your phone, I'll place my number in your contacts. Text me when Aiden wakes up."

***

"That was a crazy day today." Eleanor comments after Lewis gave her her pack of popcorn.

Lewis growls. "I don't like the way Harry talked to you," he says, his mind replaying the memory, "especially since he called you his 'baby'. What an asshole."

"It was just a joke." Eleanor utters hastily. After a second, she stands still with realization. Did I just say that?

Lewis turns to her. "Are you defending him?"

"No! I was just..." Before Eleanor can continue, the movie starts.

Eleanor can't help but feel a little stressed and disinterested. The movie 'they' chose to watch is an action movie that Lewis highly recommended, making Eleanor struggle just to keep her eyes open. She wanted to watch the new horror movie entitled Dolls and Spirits, but Lewis didn't want to because he hates horror movies. Eleanor entertains herself by filling her mouth with popcorn, making sure not to fall asleep.

***

Tina arrives home with guilt and anger, all caused by a boy she punched earlier namely Aiden Kalim Hunter.

Mikayla Hartley and Annelyn Hartley greet their younger sister with a "Hello", who doesn't even bother to glance at their direction.

"Ohh, is our little sister having a love problem?" Mikayla teases when she notices Tina's behavior.

"Shut up, Mikayla." Tina rolls her eyes. "You're lucky you're already married."

"Engaged." Mikayla corrects, "wait a minute, you already want to get married!?"

Annelyn gasps, "I was not expecting that from you, Altina."

"Of course I don't!" Tina grumbles, "I'm just mad at this boy in my class. I was just asking him a question and he told me that he was not interested. I wasn't even flirting with him!"

"He sounds like a jerk." Annelyn comments helpfully.

"He sounds just like my fiancée." Mikayla giggles, "anyways, what happened? What did you tell him?"

Tina folds her arms. "I punched him."

"WHAT!?"

"What's the big deal?"

"You punched him!? Seriously?" Annelyn sighs with disappointment.

Tina shoots her a sedate look. "Everyone in the cafeteria was watching—"

"And you seriously had to make a scene?" Mikayla interrupts her warily.

"He started it!" Tina hollers back.

"Violence will not solve anything, Altina!"

"STOP LECTURING ME LIKE YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT I'M GOING THROUGH!" Tina yells with frustration, "JUST BECAUSE THE BOTH OF YOU ALREADY FOUND YOUR SOULMATE DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO ACT LIKE YOU KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT LOVE AND SHIT!"

Annelyn clears her throat. "Love?" Annelyn gives Tina a look, who suddenly turns pale. "Weren't we just talking about your violent situation earlier—"

BEEEP.

Tina's phone buzzes before any of her sisters could say another word. "Tina...? You look.. upset." Mikayla observes quietly, not wanting Tina to scream any more words.

Tina just glances at her phone with a blank look on her face. Then she looks up at her sisters and smiles. "I'm going to be home late tomorrow."

"Why?"

"Coz I have a date to ruin!" Tina answers proudly before rushing to her room.