Chapter 1

For centuries I've seen humans succumbing to temptation and darkness. Selling their souls for miserable wishes, wanted to live more than their filthy bodies are made for, or become richer. Such vain and stupid things, but so easy for me to grant. Human creatures have always been so easy to corrupt and posses that it has turned so boring and monotonous, I don't feel the same excitement and lust anymore, the one I felt ancient times ago.

When you have been here for so long as me, you discover how predictable humans are. From Prehistory, to the Classical Ancient History, to nowadays, it has been all the same shit. People seeking for their one true love and their 'happily ever after'. Bullshit. I don't know how you stand living like that, trying to please everyone and caring about others. What's the point on that? You're all going to die sooner or later, and people will forget about you. You will just be someone they used to love or live with.

But young souls are the ones I love the most. Love? Ha, no. I don't love. I don't have feelings or waste my time about trivial things like that. I just corrupt, posses and take away their soul until their very last breath. But let's say that I'm very fond of young soul, they're my favourites. So turbulent and yet so vivacious, trying to uncover the unknown and playing with things they can't even handle. 

Like the two teenagers last month, they were playing and invoking 'the dark forces' not really knowing in what they were getting into. It was easy and fast. I lurked them for a couple of days and then BAM! New souls added to my collection. But I prefer more... tender souls to be honest. The ones that are fragile and pure. Of course my preferred target are girls. They are always looking for some fun. And you make it so damn easy for me to approach you! I don't even have to introduce myself, you already fall at my feet when see me. All my charming and perfect features are the lures for girls, they are so overwhelmed about my beauty that they block the warning feeling they have. Girls like bad boys and danger; I'm all that and even more.

Schools and colleges are always good choices to look for new acquisitions; you have such a variety of souls. It's what humans would consider like 'shopping', you see something you like and bought it, and well in my case I see a soul I like and take it. Just like that.

Too hard for you to hear? I'm sorry darling, but that's how things work when you don't really care about the consequences of playing with fire. You humans think you can get away with all the things you do without a price to pay, so naive. It's almost cute and it makes it easier for me to do my job. It's actually a win-win situation, you have fun while it last and then I show up when the time of charging for my services comes, and c'est fini! A great pleasure doing business with you.

I don't know, you're such vain and trivial creatures. None of you have proved me otherwise so I don't think I'm wrong. For me, you're just something I can manipulate and then get rid of. I play with you for a while and then goodbye, see you in hell, and move on into another one. It's almost like a hunt, I'm the predator, the wolf with sheep's clothing lurking for another prey. My favourite part is when I see the last glimpse of life slowly fading away from their eyes when I come for them. Those are the last minutes when they regret about what they have done and pray to their beloved and benevolent God. But guess what? Your God won't help you.

You're alone.

Well, I would love to stay around and chat a little more but duty calls. I have to do a little 'shopping' and I have a new college in mind that can be the perfect place.

Oh, just one more thing.

Be careful with what you wish because you never know when someone can show up and claim they can make it happen and then... Turn into your worst nightmare.