Chapter 8

I woke up at 3:30 am.

The room was cold. I looked over at Rue's bed and she wasn't there. The party must be going great if she hasn't come back yet.

I got up to put a sweater on since I was freezing. 

Suddenly I felt as if someone was in the room with me. I could heard his breathing, it was hot like when you get too near the fire and it burns. My whole body tensed and I couldn't move. I got petrified as I heard behind me footsteps coming closer. 

"Rue?" I asked, in a trembling voice.

There was no answer.

I gathered courage and I turned around, slowly, to see who or what was behind me. When I got to see who was it, I could feel how my body pumped adrenaline to my muscles, and my breathing and heart rates increased. A cold shiver went through my entire body. I ran as fast as I could. All in what I could think of was in getting the fuck out of here. I sensed the danger filling my bedroom. 

I saw a guy.  

He was dressed completely in black. He was really tall, 5'11 I would say, and fit. I could feel his intense gaze on me. He was smirking at me. 

But there was someone unusual about him. 

His eyes. 

His eyes were black. There was no light in them. Pitch black like a black whole. My room was dark and I couldn't see his face quite well, but I knew he was staring right at me. A familiar horrendous feeling took over my body. 

One person came to my mind. 

Harry Styles. 

But it couldn't be. Why would he be in my room? But most important, how could he have entered? I had the door locked. I was alone. Holy shit. I must be going nuts.

And now I'm standing in pajamas outside my building dorm at 3:42 am. I let out a deep sigh. What am I going to do know? Maybe I could call Rue. She told me to call her. Oh great! I left my phone in my room. But I don't even have her number. Uuuuugh! Cam! Maybe he went back to his dorm earlier. I could go to his dorm and... Wait. I don't know where it is either. Shit. 

I turned around and looked over to my window. The lights were off and the dark figure that I saw earlier was gone. 

I really didn't want to go back there but what I was supposed to do? Stay here in the cold with my pajamas? I don't think so.

I started walking towards my building dorm. It was empty and deadly silent, which didn't help at all with the horrendous feeling that I had. I tried to calm myself as I got closer to my room. I'm just stressed because I'm in college, a new experience. All of that can affect me and I may be reflecting all these fears in that dark figure. Jeez, maybe I should've study psychology. Hahaha.

Once I was in my room, I turned the ligths on. I'll leave them on, just in case. God, I must sound like a little baby. Whatever. I got back to bed hoping I would be able to sleep.

....

First class had been a complete agony and the second one wasn't being a complete joy either. Since I had a shitty night of sleep I could barely had my eyes opened. 

Perhaps I could skip classes for the rest of the day. I only have one left so it won't be that bad. 

"You look marvellous, baby." A husky voice said from behind me. I lifted my head and saw Harry sitting right next to me. "You must have had a great night of sleep."

Fantastic. This day is going even better.

"What are you doing here?" I asked harshly.

"I study here, baby."

"Very funny." I said, rolling my eyes. "You know what I mean. What are you doing here?" I asked again, pointing at the seat next to me.

"Don't flatter yourself." Harry said, raising an eyebrow. "I only sat here because we have to work together. Otherwise I would've-"

"Sat with your classy girlfriend." I said sarcastically. "Yeah, I know."

"Jealous?"

I laughed really hard. "I didn't know that besides being a professional asshole you were a comedian too."

A smirked appeared on his face. Harry was about to say something but I cut him off. "I'm surprised you look decent after that girl was practically eating you alive."

Wow, were all this came from? I was terrified of having Harry so near me but I could defend myself. I didn't know where all this courage came from. But I liked this undiscovered part of me. At least I could keep Harry at bay.

"I invited you to join us, but you turned me down baby."

"With that attitude of yours, no one will want to be your friend." I spat out. 

"Who said I wanted friends? Specially you." The hateful tone in his voice made me noticed how heartless and what a jerk he was.

"I pitty you." I said, shaking my head. "You're going to end up alone if you continue acting like that." I stood up and walked away. I wasn't feeling like doing the stupid project for 'Photography theory and practice' class.

I still didn't know if I was going to the next class or not. I checked my schedule and the next one was 'Visual Literacy and Perception'. Yesterday I didn't have that class so maybe it wasn't good idea skip it. 

"I guess my nap will have to wait." I said, defeated.

"Raiza!" Someone called out my name. I lifted up my head and saw Cam running towards me.

"Hey." I said smiling once he was in front of me. "Didn't see you on the first two classes. I'll guess you were hangover." I raised my eyebrow at him.

Cam laughed and half smiled. "You really think I'd get wasted on my first college party?" I looked at him and nodded. "I feel offended, Raiza." He said, putting his hand on his chest. I laughed again really loud.

"So what was it then, Mr. 'I feel offended'?"

"My alarm didn't go off." He shrugged. "In fact, I left the party early. You can ask Rue."

"You left early?" I asked, surprised. 

He nodded. "It wasn't the same without you." Cam said, looking down.

I couldn't help but smile. "Glad to know someone missed me." I said laughing. "When I left for class, Rue was still asleep. I don't know what time she arrived. But it was morning already." I interlocked my arm with his and pulled Cam. "I'm really happy you decided to come anyway."

"You missed me?" He said, with a cheeky smile.

"Let's go to our next class, shall we?" 

"You missed me." Cam stated.

"Ok, yeah. I did." I said. "It was a complete torture. I even had to put up with Harry. Again."

"Well, don't worry." The copper haired guy said. "I'm here now."

We walked over to our next class. I felt better now that Cam was with me. I really missed him, though. I wasn't kidding when I told him I did. 

I just hope Harry doesn't bother me for the rest of the day. Well, after what I said to him I don't think he will. Did I do right telling him that? Maybe I was too hard. Jesus, Raiza! Why you always have to feel bad after saying what you feel!?

No. He deserves it.

End of discussion.