Chapter 69

Slowly I felt myself losing consciousness but something was out of place. My heart, instead of slowly stop beating; it began to beat faster; more alive than ever. Suddenly I felt light; Zayn's weight wasn't over me anymore.

In the distance I heard loud noises, I tried to open my eyes yet saw nothing but distorted figures. My head was pounding and I was dizzy and disorientated. I wasn't supposed to feel like this, I was supposed to be in peace and gone by now. What went wrong?

A pair of arms grabbed me by the waist and carried me out of there. I was placed on some kind of seat and whoever had gotten me out of there was talking to me but I really couldn't understand a word of what they were saying.

I may have lost consciousness because when I woke up I was somewhere I never thought I would come back.

Harry's room.

I started crying uncontrollably. He saved me? No, he just didn't want Zayn to have my soul and win. What's so special about my soul anyway! I just want to stop being hurting.

The sound of the door opening startled me. I was so immersed on my painful thoughts that didn't even notice Harry was standing at the door with his eyes locked on me; they seemed red but that would mean he had been crying which I doubt.

He slowly walked over to the bed, carefully watching my every move in case I decided to run away from him or something. When he saw I didn't move, he then sat next to me. I couldn't look at him yet I felt his eyes still on me, now scanning my face and trying to figure out what I was thinking.

"Angel." The curly haired guy said almost in a whisper. He waited for me to answer but I didn't. "We need to talk."

'We need to talk'? Really? After all the things he said to me? I swear he-

Suddenly Harry wrapped his arms around me, hugging me tight. "I'm so sorry." The tone in his voice really sounded honest and remorseful. But he had deceived before and he had hurt me so much I-

"You're mine, Raiza." Harry said snapping me out of my thoughts. "Mine. Zayn can't take your soul."

I looked at him without telling him that he was right. The look in my eyes was etched, revealing exactly what I really intended to do. 

"Unless, unless you... You were going to willingly give Zayn your soul? From all- FUCK!" I watched Harry stood up and ran his hands through his hair frantically as the tears continued coming out. I was a mess right now, inside out. "What the fuck were you thinking Raiza!? If a claimed human agrees willingly to give another demon their soul... Y-you could've died!"

I was shivering and felt cold. I wrapped my arms around me in an attempt to warm up. I remained silence.

"FUCKING ANSWER ME! WHY!?" He yelled at me. Harry seemed hurt, as I had disappointed him.

He was the one hurting? Give me a break. Let it out, Raiza. Before it's too late and it ends up killing you. "BECAUSE YOU RUINED ME HARRY!" I yelled back. "YOU BROKE MY HEART AND DESTROYED MY SOUL. AND I WANTED TO END IT!"

"Angel." The tone in his voice became soft and caring. 

"I give up." I said barely inaudible. "I give up, Harry." I let myself fall to the ground and covered my face with my hands. 

"Raiza don't say that." 

I looked at him, I looked at those beautiful emerald eyes where once I saw a sparkle, a tiny flame growing in them; feelings. "Your body's frozen and you've lost your soul." I said wanly. "You're nothing but a demon. I was so stupid enough to have faith in you."

"No, angel. Please. Don't lose your faith in me." Harry's voice was trembling. "I-I got scared, that's why I said all those things." He fell down to his knees, defeated and broken; his head was looking down to the floor, not able to look me in the eyes. "I was afraid, I am afraid! Because you're human and you're going to die eventually and I don't want to go through that. I don't want to lose you." His voice cracked and I felt my heart being squeezed. "I tried to lie to you and myself because I-I realized I was starting to have... to have feelings. You make me feel. And I've seen what feelings do to humans. They make them weak and they get lost in them." 

"Stop lying to me." I said, crying.

"I'm not lying to you. For the first time in all my existence, I'm not lying." He said, getting closer to me. "I was as lost as someone could be and yet you saw something in me that somehow gave me direction." Harry said, looking right into my eyes. "I can't take your soul. Because if I do, that means killing you."

"You said you're afraid of losing me yet that's the only way of having me forever."

"I said I'm not going to do it. I can't do that to you." Harry pressed his forehead against mine and closed his eyes for a moment. When he opened them again, there were tears in them. "I can't take my first and last love soul only to prove my kind that humans are nothing more than just prey. It will break my heart and will condemn me to live an everlasting hell; my own hell."

"It's that or not being with me, Harry. You choose."

He let out a deep sigh and closed his eyes. He stayed like that for a few seconds and in the moment he opened those beautiful and breathtaking emerald eyes once again, they were pitch black and with not a glimpse of life in them.

People say when you love someone, you love all of them, you have to love everything about them, not just the good things but the bad things too. The things that you find lovable and the things you don't. Well, I can say that I love Harry for who he is. I know he's evil but I also know that there's goodness in him. You just have to embrace it all and make the best of it.

He might be a demon and if for loving him I might go to hell, then be it. I'll gladly do it.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. "I love you Raiza Esmond, my angel. Please never forget that."

Harry got closer to me and gently grabbed my head. He then cupped my cheeks and pulled me closer for a kiss. It was so full of feelings; love, grief, passion, lust, sadness, desire, sorrow, adoration. God, so many more feelings I couldn't even describe. But the last one was the strongest; peace.

Is this how you feel when you die?

I thought it was going to hurt but it didn't. It was so peaceful. I sank in the silence of the darkness and let myself go.

...

Guys!

First of all, I hope you had a lovely Christmas with your loved ones :D

I think 'I'm A Mess' by Ed Ginger Jesus Sheeran suits this chapter perfectly; such a beautiful song. Oh and well... The next update I make it's going to be the last chapter of 'Devilish'. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED MY LOVELY INDIVIDUALS.

I love you. x