Chapter 13

Harry acting nice with me was the weirdest thing that happened to me since I started college. I wonder if he would stay that way or act like the normal asshole he is.

Well, we'll know now. He was sitting with a girl who I have never seen before. I really didn't want to go now but Mr. Aguilera had emailed us saying that because of the scene we caused the other day, we had to write a 10 pages critic of each other photos for tomorrow. I had given Harry mines but he still hadn't and I can't write a critic if there's nothing to criticize.

"Harry." I said. 

"What do you want?" He asked, not even looking at me. He was too 'busy' with his hands all over that girl's body. God, go get a room or something. "Look, if you just came to stare at me... I'm a little busy right now."

No, scratch what I said earlier. Harry was back to his asshole attitude. Of course, it was too good to be true. 

I tried to put myself together and not yelled at him. I needed those photos. I took a deep breath before talking to him. "Well, since you're sooooo busy right now, would you mind sending me your photos once you're done so I can write my critic? Thank you."

Giving him no time to say anything, I walked away.

GOD! HOW I HATE THIS GUY! 

...

"Raiza! There you were!" Rue said waving her hands in excitement at me. "I was looking for you. I had something to tell you but when I woke up you were already gone."

"What was it, Rue?"

"Today I have another party at the frat house and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me." She said, sitting on the edge of my bed. "Cam's going to."

"You know I'm not 'the party type'." I said. "Besides, I'm writing this stupid critic and I have to finish it. It's for tomorrow." Harry had sent me his photos just 10 minutes ago and I only had written a single page. It was 10:23 pm, I guess I'll have to stay up all night. 

I drifted my attention back to my laptop while Rue started seeing what was she going to wear. Knowing her, it will take her an hour, at least, to decide and get ready. 

Harry's photos were amazing, I must admit. He had marvellous skills. I would've never thought he was that good, he really captures the feelings and subject. So many things don't fit with him. He's so hard to read just as a puzzle that's really difficult to decipher and solve. 

"You sure you don't want to come?" Rue asked me before leaving.

"No, I'm fine. I'm almost finishing this thing and then I'll-" My computer screen went black. "Oh my God! No, no, no, no, no." I desperately pressed the power button serveral times to turn my laptop back on but nothing. Holy shit. No. My laptop died. "I lost everyhting. I'm screwed."

"What happened?" Rue asked worried. I pointed at the black screen of my laptop and she mouthed an 'oh'. "I think you overheated your laptop. Maybe it's a sign that you should come with us tonight. You can finish that thing in the morning, Raiza." I looked at her in shocked. My laptop, in which all the work I had done was, had just died and Rue was telling me to forget all and go partying. Really? This shit was due tomorrow! She laughed looking at my expression and as if she had read my mind she said, "Oh, come on girl. Think it this way, if you go you let your laptop rest and cool down, which means tomorrow morning it'll be fine and you can continue with your assignment."

Well, putting it that way... Rue was right. I had till 6 pm to hand it in. "Maybe I could go and-"

"YES!" She said, excited. "Come on! We need you to get ready."

...

Cam's arm and mine were intertwined as the three of us headed to the frat house. We came in Cam's car and we parked a few blocks away. This was my first frat party and I was starting to have cold feet about coming. As we got closer, I tighten my grip on Cam's arm. He placed a soft kiss on my head and smiled. "Don't worry, Raiza. I'll stay with you if that's what you want." I nodded and gave him a warm smile. Thank God he was with me.

As soon as we entered the house, the sound of music and people talking filled our ears. There were hundreds of people dancing and laughing. 

Rue leaded us to where a ginger haired boy was. She greeted him very friendly so they must know each other. We stayed talking with him for quite a while until I started to be thirsty. The guys offered us to go for the drinks so Rue and I decided to sit while they came back.

"I'm going to the bathroom." I said, loud enough for her to hear me over the music. Rue nodded and pointed upstairs. I got up and went up the stairs. A few couples were making out in the hallway and some drunk guys were on the floor. I dodged them and knocked on the bathroom door to make sure no one was in there. As nobody answered I opened the door. My eyes widened when I looked inside. There were two girls making out on the tub and I had just interrupted them. 

"I'm so sorry!" I said embarassed and quickly closed the door.

I knew my face was all red. I needed to find another bathroom, a free one. I noticed there was an empty room at the end of the hallway. I entered after making sure there was no surprise. The room was bigger than the others and ten times better, it must belong to the person who runs this frat or something. The bathroom door was closed so I knocked; twice this time. No one answered. I opened the door slowly and turned the lights. I sighed in relief when I saw it was empty.

When I got out the room felt different, too oppressive, just like how my room felt when I woke up at 3:30 am.

"Well, well, well, look who we have here." I jumped in fright when I heard a husky voice whispering in my ear.

"What do you want, Harry?" I said harshly, giving him a little taste of his own attitude.

"Did you get lost? This is not your type of 'environment', baby."

"Call me 'baby' one more time and I swear I'll-"

"What?" Harry said, smirking and getting closer. "You'll call your little boyfriend to come save you? You're too fucking good, too prude to-"

His face turned and my eyes widened when I realized what I had done. I had slapped him. His cheek was red and my hand hurt. Harry slowly turned his face to me, he was smirking. "You're becoming more feisty everytime we talk."

"Fuck off!" I yelled at him. If I had known Harry was going to be here, I would've never came. "Why don't you just leave? Go get laid with some random girl, isn't that what you always do?"

That stupid smirk appeared on his face as if I had said the funniest joke. "Well, I would do that but you're the one who should go, not me."

I looked at him confused, was he fucking kidding me? Wait. "Oh no, please don't tell me this..." I said, shocked. This couldn't be happening.

"Too cliché for you, baby?" Harry said, raising an eyebrow at me. 

I face palmed myself. Of all the rooms in this stupid house I had to be in his room. "It's like you're everywhere." Like a plague.

"I thought humans love clichés." He burst into laughter as if he knew something else. "I have my own place. I just come to this pigsty when I need to get some-"

I raised my hand at him, motioning him to stop. I really didn't need to know nor did I want to. I looked at him thoroughly. "You don't look like the frat boy at all. Well you have the attitude yet not the look."

"The attitude?"

"Yeah. Cocky, full of yourself, asshole, jerk, the list goes on."

"Ouch." He said, putting his hand on his chest acting as my words hurt him. I rolled my eyes.

"You really loooove picking on me, don't you?" I said, annoyed. 

The smirk on Harry's face grew even wider as he cocked his head. "You have no idea, baby." His voice was a mix of lust, amusement and evil. It sent shivers through my body.