Chapter 52

Harry and I were just sitting in the gardens having a really civilized conversation, as weird as it sounds. We were next to each other and I could feel he tensed up when I carefully placed my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes.

Suddenly I felt fingers tracing my left hand wrist.

"How's your tattoo?" Harry asked. "Is it healing alright, angel?"

I nodded. "I'm glad you gave me that little push." I said, laughing shyly.

He then carefully put me between his legs and pulled down my jacket, revealing my shoulders. "How about your bruises?" Harry whispered in my ear whilst slightly caressing them. I shivered when his lips made contact with my skin; my heart racing uncontrollably. "Are they healing alright?"

"I-I took pain-killers so t-they don't h-urt that much." I stammered. 

"Well, you won't need them anymore because I'm here now." He whispered against my skin. I felt a smile forming in his lips and then he pulled me closer with a hug. My back was against his chest and he kept placing soft kisses on the parts of my skin that were hurt. "I know I'm the reason of these bruises so I'll be the one who makes them disappear, angel." 

I closed my eyes once more and rested against Harry's chest; his breathing rocking me and his arms holding me tight. To be honest, I wouldn't change this for anything.

"See? It's not that hard to be nice." I said.

I felt Harry tensing underneath me and I opened my eyes; now I was looking at him. His eyes were getting darker; they looked like an emerald sea in tempest. He seemed like he was having an inner battle inside him. I lifted my hand and caressed his face; his eyes soften immediately. 

"Raiza." His voice sounding like a whisper.

"Is there something wrong, Harry?" I asked worried.

"I..." He began saying but soon stopped. A frown appeared on his face and I couldn't help but caressed that area to make it disappeared. Harry looked at me and I quickly removed my hand, but he caught it. "C-Could you uhm... Could you do that again?" He asked.

I looked at him confused. "Do what?"

"Caress me." He said, looking straight into my eyes as he put my hand closer to his face. "I-It distracts me, for some reason. And I-I don't know I have these fucking weird sensation."

"Describe it."

"That's the problem. I can't." Harry said; the tone in his voice reflected his confusion. "When you caress me it's like I don't feel anything bad. I'm just-"

"Calm." I said, smiling slightly.

Harry looked at me for a few seconds and then nodded. Then, he slightly moved and began to bend over. He looked at me as if he was asking if it was ok for him to lay his head down on my thighs; I smiled in response. When he placed his head I started caressing it, making him slowly closed his eyes that not longer shown the troubled feeling he had.

I placed a soft kiss on his forehead and when I was about to move away, Harry grabbed my head and stopped me; he opened his eyes looking right into mine. He slowly pulled me closer and made our lips connected into the softest and tenderest kiss he has ever given to me.

"Harry." I whispered against his lips.

"Sh." He hushed me, connecting our lips once more.

"Harry, my neck's starting to hurt." I said, laughing slightly. 

"Just a little more, please." Harry said, pulling me even closer. I blushed when I heard him saying that. I really like this new and unknown part of him. I know he can be good; I have faith in him.

When he finally released me he had this weird look in his eyes; the emerald colour was so intense, making my heart burst in the very moment I saw them.

"What?" He asked with a cheeky look in his eyes and smirking at me.

"Nothing." I could feel my cheeks turning red. 

"Such an horrendous liar you are, angel." Harry laughed. "You can't do it."

"And is it that bad that I can't?" 

"Sometimes you need to in order to get what you want."

I stayed looking at him; he can be so confusing and dark sometimes. "So you would say that the end justifies the means?"

He nodded. "The morality of an action is based solely on the outcome of that action and not on the action itself. Therefore lying to get a positive outcome and get the result you want is just fine. In fact it's outstanding, marvellous."

"Such 'consequentialist' of you." I said, shaking my head. "There's no morality in your actions if it involves lying."

"And such 'deontologist' of you, angel." Harry said, smirking. "I would love to keep debating about ethics and morality with you but I rather prefer tasting your lips." He leaned closer to me but I pushed him away. He cocked his head and narrowed his eyes.

"I think I'll go to my dorm." 

"But we were having so much fun." He slowly started caressing my arm, making goosebumps appeared all over my skin. "I know you really want to stay."

I shook my head. I needed to distance myself from him even if it was for a few hours. I just didn't like to know Harry would lie to get what he wants and he wouldn't even care if he hurts someone. What if he's lying to me? I don't know if I could resist another betrayal, I already been through so many.

Without looking at him I stood up, otherwise if I saw those emerald eyes I knew I would've stayed, and started walking, with every step increasing the distance between us.

...

I collapsed on my bed, letting out a deep sigh.

I looked around trying to find any sign that Rue was here but find none. Lately she hasn't been much in our room; Matt must be keeping her busy. At least one of can say her love life is going well. 

What even are Harry and I? He's just so complex and confusing.

No, stop thinking about him. 

I took out my phone and decided to text my friend.

'Hey! Are you free or still in classes?'

'Last class ends in 10 minutes. Wanna hang out? I miss you :('

'You read my mind! Let's go for a coffee and to the mall :)'

'I'm in! :D Shopping is always a great idea! See you in a bit. x'

Sounds like I'm finally going to spend time with my friend. I quickly stood up from bed and grabbed my bag. This is going to be fun; no guys and no strange things, just me and my friend doing normal things.

Exactly, that's what I need, normal things. I thought as I locked the door and headed over to meet Rue.