Chapter 29

'What to wear?' that seemed to be the most difficult question a girl could answer. You know that feeling you have when you're looking at your wardrobe and nothing seems to be the right outfit for your date, friend date or whatever? That's what I'm feeling right now, and to be honest, I hate it.

I ran my hand through my hair and let out a growl in distress. 

"That's it." I said, closing my wardrobe. I let myself fall on my bed and covered with the sheets. "I'm not going." 

I heard Rue coming closer and the next thing I knew was that I was uncovered. I looked at her and she was with her arms crossed around her body. "How’s that you’re not going?"

"I’m not." I said, pulling the sheets up again. "I’ll tell Zayn I got sick or something."

"You don’t stand a hot guy up."

"How do you even know he is hot?" Why am I even asking that? Zayn was hot.

"Just get up, Raiza." My friend whined. "I’ll help you pick the perfect outfit."

The outfit wasn’t what worried me. It was the fact that I was going to be alone with Zayn in a dark place after the Disneyland event. I bet there was going to be alcohol at the bonfire and what if he drinks too much? "Rue?" I asked. She tilted her head waiting for me to continue talking. "Do you feel like something bad could happen if I go out with Zayn?"

"Something bad?" My roommate asked, confused.

"Yeah, like do your psychic waves catch anything?"

Rue burst into laughter and hugged me. "Sweet baby Jesus, you’re so cute and funny."

"Rue, I’m serious." I said, frowning. "The first time Zayn and I met wasn’t the best experience."

"Then why are you going out with him then?"

"When he apologized he seemed really sorry and everyone deserves a second chance, right?"

"You’re too good, darling." Rue said, caressing my head. "But answering your question, I can’t say anything until I see him. Until I meet him.”

"He’s going to be here in like half an hour." I said, looking at my watch.

“We don’t have too much time to get you ready then!” She pulled me out of bed and dragged me to the bathroom. “Go take a shower while I pick your outfit. GO! GO! GO!”

"Ok, calm down." I said laughing. "You’re worst than my mum when she woke me up to go to high school.”

I turned the water on and waited a few seconds till the water was warm enough. Since I didn’t have too much time I took a quick shower, which was a shame because I love taking long showers. I’m really sorry global warming.

While I was blow drying my hair Rue opened the door with the biggest smile on her face. I looked at her a bit scared.

"I found you the perfect outfit for the bonfire." She said excited, jumping around and clapping.

...

While looking at myself in the mirror I couldn't believe that was actually me.

For once in my life I really felt pretty. 

Rue had done my make up and hair. She said it highlighted my natural beauty. At first I laughed at her but now I was starting to believe her. Soft gold and bronze eye shadow to make my hazel eyes pop accompany with a little of mascara, also to give my cheeks a little colour she put a light pink blush.

The outfit she had chosen for me wasn’t too over the top nor plain. It was perfect for the bonfire. The high-waisted shorts made my legs look longer, which I loved it because I’m petite; also a crop t-shirt in spot mesh, ankle boots and my leather jacket that gave my entire outfit the edgy touch.