Chapter 2 - Trust

*Kyoko's pov*

We have been at Hopes Peak High school for a few months now and we have already lost many people, Hifumi Yamada, Sayaka Maizono, Leon Kuwata, Chihiro Fujisaki, Junko Enoshima, Mondo Owada, Yasuhiro Hagakure and Kyotaka Ishimaru.
It wasn't easy to say good bye to them but I made it a rule not to get too close to anyone here.

There is now 7 of us left and I am still not any closer to finding out how we got here. All I know is that this bear was a complete psycho. He killed all these people because we refuse to harm one another, or some people tried their best to get out which meant taking these risks.

I still think Byakuya could turn on us as he seems to be wanting to get out and back to his stupidly rich family. It's fine I had stayed away from most of them and kept myself to myself. Also one of us is a murderous maniac, and her name is Toko Fukawa or Genocider Sho. She stabs her victims with scissors but I seem to be in the clear as she only kills young attractive males, and I don't fit that criteria. She is the girl who wears a very long skirt with round glasses and continuously looks nervous when around people. Her purple-ish hair is also in two large plats which she grabs hold of when she is scared.

I keep on trying to get to the bottom of this scheme but when ever I get anywhere something occurs which contradicts my theory.

One night I decide to go out of my room after 10. I think that's against the rules but I needed to investigate alone whilst everyone was asleep. That way I wouldn't be asked questions or have anyone interfering with my investigation.

I walked down the corridor and it was light dimly until I got to the canteen there I was going to go through all of the cutlery to make sure everything was still there. All the forks, spoons and knives were there. I took a sigh of relief as I didn't want anyone to have the passion for murder.

"Kyoko is that you?" I heard a voice behind me.

I whipped around to see Makoto standing there looking slightly confused.

"What do you want?" I asked him.

"I just heard noise and came to see what was going on" he told me.

"Hmm" I replied.

"But I see everything's fine so I will be heading back to bed" he said as he quickly moved to the door.

"Wait" I told him, I didn't want to admit it but I needed help with this investigation "Meet me tomorrow in the room labeled 'Bath house' I need to talk to you"

He looked shocked but nodded and then quickly headed off back to his room. He was jumpy around me I think he was slightly nervous of me as I hadn't socialized with any of them since we got here.

I hadn't really formed any relationships here but he seemed nice so maybe I could open up to him. I then looked through the food supply and still there was plenty of food for us all. That was good but it also told me we were intended to be staying here for a long time.

Suddenly a loud noise came in the direction of the dorm rooms. I had to go and investigate it could be a sign of a traitor.

When I got to the dorms I saw Toko standing in the corridor, I hesitated and she must have sensed me behind her. As she turned around I saw her long tongue hanging out of her mouth, she was Genocider Sho.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked her.

"I could ask you the same thing" she smiled at me. "You just up to some dirty work?"

"If your insinuating that I am a threat and planning on murdering someone then you are wrong" I told her as I crossed my arms.

"There's that and I just saw Makoto coming back from the same direction you just came from" her smiled spread broadly across her face. I knew exactly what she was insinuating but I didn't respond so she carried on "not like its my business or anything, but be careful someone my get you whilst you're vulnerable"

"I'll keep that in mind" I told her as I went and opened my bed room door.

I could just hear her laughing in the corridor as I closed and locked my door.

After I had locked my door I went over to my bed. I sat down on the edge of it and thought about things. Tomorrow I was going to let Makoto into what I was doing, but still I wasn't sure if I could trust him. I found it hard to trust people since my dad left me as a kid after my mother died. I sighed and then lay down on my bed and slowly drifted into a deep sleep.

I woke up late the next morning, I had heard Monokuma give us the wake up call but I must have fallen asleep again. When I looked up at the clock I saw it was coming up to nine "shit" I muttered to myself as I jumped up and went down to the canteen.

When I got there I couldn't see anyone, where could they all be? So I looked down at my digital hand book and saw that we had been given the last floor. They must all be investigating that then. I would check it out later when I could be alone.

I was on my way out when I saw Makoto walking down the corridor towards the dorms. He saw me and came running over to me "Kyoko where have you been?" He asked.

"Only just got up" I told him.

"We thought the bear had killed you off to try and provoke us to murder someone or we may have had a traitor" he told me.

"Not yet" I told him.

"Haha I did tell everyone that you were probably fine but Sho told us that she saw you out and about last night..." he said.

"Obviously I told you we needed to talk" I sighed.

"Yes but I trust you weren't up to anything bad so I wasn't going to tell them but now everyone else believes you are plotting something either with Monokuma or to kill us all so you can leave"

"Well if that's what they believe then I can't change that" I told him.

"You can just explain why you're being so secretive" he said now sounding almost annoyed.

"It's not that simple" I told him but I then leaned closer to his ear and whispered "meet me in the Bath house in 5 and I will tell you everything"

I then quickly moved back before walking off so he couldn't say anything else. I couldn't risk Monokuma hearing about what I was doing and I didn't want to involve anyone else just in case it brought them to an untimely death.

I didn't really go anywhere but I took a different faster route to the Bath house. I just didn't want Monokuma to see us both heading there together as he may get suspicious.